• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Post Pax and Gearing Up for Patch Release

Even that forced zoom you get when entering IS?

Full remove of zoom (shift + IS like in Dibblers Mutator?) without getting a unranked server?
I don't run a server. ask your server admin for the details. i don't have a problem with zoom, so i never asked. but i know i play a ranked server without zoom. there is zoom in i.s. though. not sure if you can get rid of that or not.

Upvote 0
I just find the whole implementation superfluous if I can just wait a bit before pressing right click and get the normal snappy irons.

Tying it to stamina would prevent this.

I feel that this should be implemented for both realism and classic.

If you see an enemy and then decide to first stop running and then go to ironsights it will be a bit slower, than directly from the run going into iron sights.

Not that I directly have an issue against a stamina related time for going into ironsights either, however currently stamina directly affects sway (and its effect is not that small).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Regarding removing all zoom, there were significant problems with this when we tested it in the original RO2 beta. The zoom level used to be a player configurable option that could be used to completely remove the zoom. The problem is that it was incompatible with our free aim system. So when the zoom is removed, at certain aspect ratios and resolutions your weapon will not shoot where it is aimed. We put significant effort into resolving this issue, and no resolution could be found within the time that we had.

So just so you are aware, this is not a simple matter of just "flipping a switch". Rather there are some complex mathematical problems that would need to be solved to get this to work properly. This is why it was removed during the beta development of the game. Now some of you will respond and say "but I play Dibblers mod and I don't have any problems". That is quite possible, as only certain aspect ratios and resolutions are affected by this issue. But we did not feel it was fair to make something official that would cause certain players to be unable to hit where they were aiming.

Upvote 0
@Ramm

Would it be possible for you confirm whether TWI are working on any light tanks and vehicles, regardless of how near to completion they may be? I am aware of the universal carrier being tested.

We are currently working with the vehicle mod team on several projects. We have given them access to our older in development items as well, but we are focusing on just trying to get a few vehicles ready at a time.

Upvote 0
Well then adding free aim in IS came at a high price. I've always felt that the way it's currently functioning is unrealistic.

Irl, when looking down the IS, your fov moves with the IS NOT separately. To represent free aim properly there should be a button that releases you from the IS but still keeps you ready to lock right back in with the IS when ready to fire. There should also be an underlying presence of the avatars body movements when in IS, which I think the game almost captures. When you move the IS to the left an the right it should move at the same speeds while the IS is locked to the center of the screen. But when the avatar reaches the upper bodies movement level limitation, the IS should slow down. Once the gun has been positioned the speed of IS should resume normal speed because the avatar in real life would have repositioned his lower body to conform the upper body IS movements. Doing this would essentially fix the problem and allow for zoom to be disabled with no ill effect.

This would help bring back the RO1 feel while improving on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't forget this weapon

hqdefault.jpg

:D:D:D:D:p:p:p

Maybe make PTRD available 1-24 then PTRS available at Lvl 25. BUT ALSO, option to keep PTRD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Regarding removing all zoom, there were significant problems with this when we tested it in the original RO2 beta. The zoom level used to be a player configurable option that could be used to completely remove the zoom. The problem is that it was incompatible with our free aim system. So when the zoom is removed, at certain aspect ratios and resolutions your weapon will not shoot where it is aimed. We put significant effort into resolving this issue, and no resolution could be found within the time that we had.

So just so you are aware, this is not a simple matter of just "flipping a switch". Rather there are some complex mathematical problems that would need to be solved to get this to work properly. This is why it was removed during the beta development of the game. Now some of you will respond and say "but I play Dibblers mod and I don't have any problems". That is quite possible, as only certain aspect ratios and resolutions are affected by this issue. But we did not feel it was fair to make something official that would cause certain players to be unable to hit where they were aiming.

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification ;)

Upvote 0
Tried the new changes and I'm completely reinvigorated to play RO2 once again. The first iteration of sprint to iron sights transition so far are great, didn't think Tripwire would nail it that close on the first attempt.

As far as zoom is concerned (ah, the age-old debate), I'm fine with it. Especially since there were complications that would greatly disservice affected players and literally break the game for them. If you can't shoot at what you're aiming at in a FPS game, it is broken.

Also, I'm old and I don't enjoy the pixel hunting I did for nearly seven years with Ostfront. I'd like to maintain my eyesight for the coming years. :p

Upvote 0
Tried the new changes and I'm completely reinvigorated to play RO2 once again. The first iteration of sprint to iron sights transition so far are great, didn't think Tripwire would nail it that close on the first attempt.

As far as zoom is concerned (ah, the age-old debate), I'm fine with it. Especially since there were complications that would greatly disservice affected players and literally break the game for them. If you can't shoot at what you're aiming at in a FPS game, it is broken.

Also, I'm old and I don't enjoy the pixel hunting I did for nearly seven years with Ostfront. I'd like to maintain my eyesight for the coming years. :p

Pixel hunting :p Yea I also hated when using the PTRD shooting at infantry. I was not quite on target so I move my mouse 1 NANOMETER and guess what? I am off target because there is no "pixel" between the last position I was aiming and the new point. Put it this way, Where I was prone, there is no correct aim to the far target-all shots would miss. Only way to fix it was to move then youll get the target's "pixel". So I had to move position to actually "get" that point of my target. Good ol' Ostfront days.

Upvote 0
I have been trying out the Classic changes OP mentioned and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised. I think you have made me genuinely want to play Classic Mode in the base game, something I have never thought about Classic Mode since its inception.

On a related note, I am very pleased to see the changed ADS mechanics make their way into the game. ;)

Upvote 0