What We Are Up To - Post Pax and Gearing Up for Patch Release

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fishsticks

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 20, 2011
Alabama
Regarding removing all zoom, there were significant problems with this when we tested it in the original RO2 beta. The zoom level used to be a player configurable option that could be used to completely remove the zoom. The problem is that it was incompatible with our free aim system. So when the zoom is removed, at certain aspect ratios and resolutions your weapon will not shoot where it is aimed. We put significant effort into resolving this issue, and no resolution could be found within the time that we had.

So just so you are aware, this is not a simple matter of just "flipping a switch". Rather there are some complex mathematical problems that would need to be solved to get this to work properly. This is why it was removed during the beta development of the game. Now some of you will respond and say "but I play Dibblers mod and I don't have any problems". That is quite possible, as only certain aspect ratios and resolutions are affected by this issue. But we did not feel it was fair to make something official that would cause certain players to be unable to hit where they were aiming.

In regards to the free aim system are you referring to the free aim when your weapon is not shouldered? or ... the free aim when your ADS and using shift zoom?

If the problem is with the latter then how about completely removing the free aim ability from Classic mode. It is Classic mode after all and R01 didn't have the ADS free aim. Then "no zoom" will work.

Last edited:

Proud_God

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 22, 2005
Belgium
In regards to the free aim system are you referring to the free aim when your weapon is not shouldered? or ... the free aim when your ADS and using shift zoom?

If the problem is with the latter then how about completely removing the free aim ability from Classic mode. It is Classic mode after all and R01 didn't have the ADS free aim. Then "no zoom" will work.

I support that.

Nestor Makhno

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
We don't have many of us in the actual office as yet but the key players are still working away.

Here are Rob (left) = dasKarma and Jack (right) = intern sharing a quiet moment (and a burger).

Attachments

• rob_jack.jpg
    rob_jack.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 0

thens

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2012
Stop eating and release new content... NAU!

jk, good to see you guys coming together, wish you best of luck :)

Jackett

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 7, 2013
Cornwall
I like how you can see Tony posting on the forum in the picture. It's like postception.

Anyway I'll get revenge by posting a picture of him 'working' on the twitter feed sometime (probably when I spot him eating something messy for lunch)

titsmcgee852

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 27, 2013
Awesome! So does that mean you guys are a part of TWI now? Or forming a start up company? Guess they must be busy making other games if they have you guys doing RS/RO2 updates as well :p

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
They formed their own company which is doing some work for Tripwire.