• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Post Pax and Gearing Up for Patch Release

The second change is that now when players try to iron sight from sprinting, the game will put them into iron sights, at a slower speed and still keeping them from firing until they are fully up.

See you on the front!

YES! ARGH! We Need this change for realism too!

The new classic is so perfect, I wish realism was more like it.... Basically classic with zoom, the lvl 50 weapons are so ridiculous in realism, the changes shouldn't be so drastic (If any at all).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Considering how the weapons are modeled and integrated into the game, it would require a ton of work to make a feature that doesn't affect gameplay in any significant way. Sure, it's a cool feature but extremely low priority especially for the amount of work required to put it in.
It certainly is possible to do in the game, it's not that hard. Just leave out the animation for attaching/detaching and change the melee animation and you're good to go (take a good look into the SDK, might be somewhere hidden somewhere).

Switching firing mode hasn't got any animations either, heard no complaints about that.

Upvote 0
The new classic is so perfect, I wish realism was more like it.... Basically classic with zoom,

There is a lot of zoom in classic, too (sadly) just no extra shift zoom.. but a lot of IS zoom :(

But it is nice to hear about some changes. All I have read hear sounds very good.
But right now I enjoy playing a some Heroes&Generals (magentic HHL, some nice vehicles, useable AA Guns, dynamic weather and time effects, worst enemy weapon handling etc.), so I

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is a lot of zoom in classic, too (sadly) just no extra shift zoom.. but a lot of IS zoom :(

Yep, they have to get rid of it.
I never liked the zoom and was kind of nice with the way it works on classic but after playing Dibbler's mutator I can assure you I'm only touching this game ever again if they get rid of the zoom (on classic that is), all of it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just tried the new classic changes, it's a great addition. But I believe I've already found an exploit, if you release the sprint button and wait just a split second you get your snappy old ironsights again :/ not sure if it's really an exploit.

But anyho...

Why not instead of doing it like this just do it so that the iron sights delay is tied directly to stamina, so the less stamina you have the longer it takes to go into ironsights to a variable effect?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yep, they have to get rid of it.
I never liked the zoom and was kind of nice with the way it works on classic but after playing Dibbler's mutator I can assure you I'm only touching this game ever again if they get rid of the zoom, all of it!

I'm very happy with the changes made in classic now. After playing Dibbler's mutator, I can assure you I'm never touching classic ever again if they get rid of the zoom, all of it!

Upvote 0
I'm very happy with the changes made in classic now. After playing Dibbler's mutator, I can assure you I'm never touching classic ever again if they get rid of the zoom, all of it!

This should be an admin option of course, that way we all get what we want without forcing our ways on everyone :)

I would be pretty happy if they whitelisted the mutator, this way TWI would not even need to implement the changes in the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This should be an admin option of course, that way we all get what we want without forcing our ways on everyone :)

I would be pretty happy if they whitelisted the mutator, this way TWI would not even need to implement the changes in the game.

Agree with that: please TWI remove the zoom as fast as you can and make it as a server admin option. So everybody could find his favorite server, with and without zoom. And maybe there will be some "realism" server without any zoom, too (when there is a admin server option for it - of course without getting the server unranked) That woud be really great.

Upvote 0
any news on fixing the single player achievement's yet?

Really want these fixed, they never unlocked for me despite playing through it at the hardest difficulty 3 times.

I really would like them to be complete. Surely it cant be that hard to fix? And now i cant even complete it if it was fixed because the single player has been separated.

Can we get this fixed?

Upvote 0
any news on fixing the single player achievement's yet?

Really want these fixed, they never unlocked for me despite playing through it at the hardest difficulty 3 times.

I really would like them to be complete. Surely it cant be that hard to fix? And now i cant even complete it if it was fixed because the single player has been separated.

Can we get this fixed?

This, it's a minor thing but irritating as hell.

SP achievements should be removed/transferred from the MP component and only show on the SP component.

Upvote 0
Agree with that: please TWI remove the zoom as fast as you can and make it as a server admin option. So everybody could find his favorite server, with and without zoom. And maybe there will be some "realism" server without any zoom, too (when there is a admin server option for it - of course without getting the server unranked) That woud be really great.
zoom is an admin option already.

Upvote 0
  1. Right click on RS/RO2 in steam
  2. Select Properties
  3. Click the Set Launch Options button
  4. Type -nostartupmovies in the input field and click OK
  5. Clode the properties window

That's all it takes ;)

Thank#s much better now :)

zoom is an admin option already.

Full remove of zoom (shift + IS like in Dibblers Mutator?) without getting a unranked server?

Upvote 0