• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Post Pax and Gearing Up for Patch Release

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    With PAX Prime 2013 now behind us, the teams at Tripwire and Anti Matter Games have been working to finish up the next patch for Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm. Recent changes to the Rising Storm Beta application reflect this, such as the removal of Skirmish from the Menu's (as it will not be released in this patch as we continue to work on the game mode) and others.

Betio gameplay has been locked down, and is having final refinements and optimizations worked on. This includes making sure everything has been set up properly and bugs are squashed away. So prepare to get your boots wet soon!

We've also recently made major refinements to the prone system, that will allow players to successfully prone in many more locations. But don't just take my word for it, grab the Rising Storm beta and try for yourselves! When players go to prone, where previously they would collide with the world, the game will now push or rotate them away from the object prevent them from hitting the ground.

We have also recently introduced changes to Classic mode in the beta. First and foremost player movement speed has been increased to the Realism base speed. We have also made changes to weapons handling with increased recoil on most weapons (smgs will see the biggest impact with more side to side recoil), increased sway and jitter, as well as a major change to going into iron sights.

When players go into iron sights (unlike RO 1 and RO 2) they will now be at full sway, which will settle down as they stay in iron sights. Based on beta player feedback we are also making two more changes that will shortly join the beta. The first will be increased sway when players change stances (such as going from crouched to standing). The second change is that now when players try to iron sight from sprinting, the game will put them into iron sights, at a slower speed and still keeping them from firing until they are fully up.

See you on the front!

With PAX Prime 2013 now behind us, the teams at Tripwire and Anti Matter Games have been working to finish up the next patch for Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm. Recent changes to the Rising Storm Beta application reflect this, such as the removal of Skirmish from the Menu's (as it will not be released in this patch as we continue to work on the game mode) and others.

Betio gameplay has been locked down, and is having final refinements and optimizations worked on. This includes making sure everything has been set up properly and bugs are squashed away. So prepare to get your boots wet soon!

We've also recently made major refinements to the prone system, that will allow players to successfully prone in many more locations. But don't just take my word for it, grab the Rising Storm beta and try for yourselves! When players go to prone, where previously they would collide with the world, the game will now push or rotate them away from the object prevent them from hitting the ground.

We have also recently introduced changes to Classic mode in the beta. First and foremost player movement speed has been increased to the Realism base speed. We have also made changes to weapons handling with increased recoil on most weapons (smgs will see the biggest impact with more side to side recoil), increased sway and jitter, as well as a major change to going into iron sights.

When players go into iron sights (unlike RO 1 and RO 2) they will now be at full sway, which will settle down as they stay in iron sights. Based on beta player feedback we are also making two more changes that will shortly join the beta. The first will be increased sway when players change stances (such as going from crouched to standing). The second change is that now when players try to iron sight from sprinting, the game will put them into iron sights, at a slower speed and still keeping them from firing until they are fully up.

See you on the front!

Glad to see updates and a direct reach to the community. Unfortunately I didn't see anything about Killing Floor. If you guys did this once every 2 weeks I bet you'd hold onto your community better. Screw STEAM and their so called "news" and "updates". I really hope to hear some Earth Imploding news about Killing Floor soon. Something worth being excited about.

Upvote 0
    i LOVE the new speed,sway,recoil and all new stuff for classic mode :cool::)good job guys!!!

and i have a question:
    will you guys bring weapons and weapon attachment like this,to classic mode in this patch,or next one,or never?
    Spoiler!

also here is the full thread:http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=89616&highlight=classic+mode

because im playing the game for 2 years now and i never tryed the lvl.50 scope on the mosin or kar98k,and i tryed the belt feed MG only a couple of times,
    so it would be nice if we could choose between,the lvl. 25 or lvl.50 scopes and the default ones. this way we spice up Classic mode.:cool:

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

See you on the front![/QUOTE4]

ARHH When are we going to manually attach our bayonets on to your rifles FFS GRR :mad:

Upvote 0
    Um it was in ro1 so y not in ro2 see the pols dude the majority of ro players want it on ro2

Considering how the weapons are modeled and integrated into the game, it would require a ton of work to make a feature that doesn't affect gameplay in any significant way. Sure, it's a cool feature but extremely low priority especially for the amount of work required to put it in.

Upvote 0
    Considering how the weapons are modeled and integrated into the game, it would require a ton of work to make a feature that doesn't affect gameplay in any significant way. Sure, it's a cool feature but extremely low priority especially for the amount of work required to put it in.

And to see that twi can **** out lol

Upvote 0
    I really hope to hear some Earth Imploding news about Killing Floor soon. Something worth being excited about.
    I thought we pretty much, just had, a big event and dlc release for KF...
    they said they were looking into some fixes...

When players go into iron sights they will now be at full sway, which will settle down as they stay in iron sights.
    That sounds really cool.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0