• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - New Hardware To The Front

Yoshiro mentioned that we would need RS for the new maps, thus I think it won't be a new addon or DLC. I guess they'll only need some more time to build a couple of new west front maps or maps built arround German areas.

Additionally, they are constructing two new tanks and at least one new weapon. I believe that they will tell us new information soon. :)

Upvote 0
If the development team is considering doing a pass on adding new weapons, is it possible that the Thompson SMG could be added as a high rank unlock for soviet assault and the AVT-40 moved to an unlock for Elite rifleman? The Thompson was used in stalingrad and on the eastern front in some numbers (though limited by ammunition availability).

I don't know how difficult it would be to port the weapon from Rising Storm, but I think it'd be some low hanging fruit that could be added to include more gameplay diversity--just a suggestion to consider.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If the development team is considering doing a pass on adding new weapons, is it possible that the Thompson SMG could be added as a high rank unlock for soviet assault and the AVT-40 moved to an unlock for Elite rifleman? The Thompson was used in stalingrad and on the eastern front in some numbers (though limited by ammunition availability).

I don't know how difficult it would be to port the weapon from Rising Storm, but I think it'd be some low hanging fruit that could be added to include more gameplay diversity--just a suggestion to consider.

Pls not!!

Upvote 0
That's actually the case for most maps where the Axis defend. TL is not needed for the Axis to win and TL makes it even more OP.

For example: Rakowice, Bridges, and Stalingradkessel.

Spetz,
In Stalingradkessel, TL should has arty and recon...(it's idea disliked by many players) On stalingradkessel Give power of TL to a TL, and you will see TL become important point on the battlefield.

What can explain TL is not needed ? ( i am talking about mainly to stalingrad mainly, but it's also right for bridge in few part ).
If TL is not needed on Stalingradkessel it's because it's TL unpowered. Of course we can use TL without his arty and recon. TL can act even without arty and recon. But arty and recon are part of job of TL .

Upvote 0

I for one quite like this idea.

Upvote 0
I think Holland Autumn 1944 would be the better choice than Africa as I cant see desert maps being that interesting. This would be in keeping with the RO spirit & would allow British, American, Polish & Dutch Resistance (Man Resistance/Partisans would be fun faction to play.) troops vs Wehrmacht / II SS Panzer Corps.

From a historical point of view the Market Garden & post MG battles on the Betuwe, would I think make some great scenarios for this game. A particular scenario I'm thinking of would require engineers to have access to necklace mines ( String of mines pulled across a road).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think Holland Autumn 1944 would be the better choice than Africa as I cant see desert maps being that interesting. This would be in keeping with the RO spirit & would allow British, American, Polish & Dutch Resistance (Man Resistance/Partisans would be fun faction to play.) troops vs Wehrmacht / II SS Panzer Corps.

From a historical point of view the Market Garden & post MG battles on the Betuwe, would I think make some great scenarios for this game. A particular scenario I'm thinking of would require engineers to have access to necklace mines ( String of mines pulled across a road).

Africa, ofc, has vast deserts and all, but there were smaller cities where they were fighting. Tank battles would be interesting there as well.

But, as an open-minded guy, I think that Market Garden is the PERFECT setting for an expansion. Urban battles combined with open-ground battles and those Dutch dikes would be epic.

Look at Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway as an example of that. It would be great :)

Upvote 0
Italy is nearly never represented on FPSs, it could bring up a good bunch of players.

- Day of defeat is inside Italy.
- in an add on of Medal of Honor you fight Italians.
- In a mod of RO : Mare Nostrum.

Poland is NEVER represented on FPSs. (i mean : Poland of early period. Not Poland of late war period of the battle of Warsaw) In 1939 you have Russians, Germans and Poland...Early war period, It can be interesting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anybody seen this? Also,its just beautiful to see how huge work Tripwire has done,i hope it make game better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVp9E5jX3Z0#t

We will not see anything of this in game ever.
TWI has not time to spare for Ro2, they are focusing on Killing Floor. 100 percent on killing floor. Maybe we get those mentioned two light tanks and the mg (in 3 months), and that will it be. Remember Ro ost was released in 2006 and got his last official update in 2009. Ro2 got released in 2011 and will maybe get his last official update in fall 2014

Upvote 0
We will not see anything of this in game ever.
TWI has not time to spare for Ro2, they are focusing on Killing Floor. 100 percent on killing floor. Maybe we get those mentioned two light tanks and the mg (in 3 months), and that will it be. Remember Ro ost was released in 2006 and got his last official update in 2009. Ro2 got released in 2011 and will maybe get his last official update in fall 2014

But I suppose maybe Rising Storm team take this challenge? If this video have no CGI,who have done a lot of work,it cant just dissapear in space, some of this must be in game sooner or later.

Upvote 0
But I suppose maybe Rising Storm team take this challenge? If this video have no CGI,who have done a lot of work,it cant just dissapear in space, some of this must be in game sooner or later.

Without working tanks this game is just ..... like rising storm, close quarter combat with fast action paced levels. No thanks.
Darkest hour and all the other mods were special, large scale fighting, tank combat, armor vs armor, infantry vs armor, and infantry vs infantry.
And that for free!!!

Upvote 0