• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Later Today We Will be Adding Transports to the Rising Storm Beta

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Later this evening we expect to update the Rising Storm beta application with the Universal Carrier and SDKfz troop transports for the Russian and German factions. Along with their inclusion comes the updated Barashka, Arad 2 and Rakowice which have been configured for their use.

We hope to playtest these updated maps and the gameplay of the troop carriers themselves tomorrow and Friday. We will schedule these test events via the Official Game Group event system here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/RO2/events/ When they go up the event time will be indicated in your local time zone (but usually they are around 3 PM EST, -5 GMT).

We also have updated Maggot Hill with some minor gameplay changes as well as continued tweaks to the Search and Destroy maps.

a few questions

are you guys working on something to "fix" the warping in and out from every angle?
    Wouldn't it make more sense to only get in from the back doors (251?) and some kind of >5s waiting time to prevent this "jump out and back in while shooting people" from RO1? Or a system like in DH where you have to open your hatch/similar stuff (maybe look over cover for the passengers) so you can't just rush something and spawn all around the thing combat ready in less than a heartbeat

Is the seat next to the radio not open because of the "beta" status?

Why aren't grenades doing damage to the crew/tracks/..

Is it just a bug that your MG shield "resets" to it's normal "facing forward" position when peeking over?
    I like the moving cam while reloading btw, nice work - and I already hate the restricted cam inside :p

Will/have there been any changes to rakowice to balance the UCs out?

Will there ever be a "knocked out" state instead of blowing up all the time when taken out?

Since you are already working on more seats for the 251.. will it ever be able to hold the RL number?

Is every building going to be open in Arad2? Will they be a little bit better protected against tank shells? atm pretty much every window is open and there is no real cover inside - could be beta ofc

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Wow, some first steps for full body and free lock (MG-Gunner of a SPW) :D

ps: agree with the posts above. Would be nice to leave the SPW on the rear only. And with some delay. Until we will see some animations how soldiers climb up or jump out of a SPW (like they do it at windows right now)

Good to see some progress. But the SPW need a lot of polish work... texture and of course more seat (it was build for 10 soldiers, but 6 or 8 would be okay, too :p)
    Oh and it

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    a few questions

are you guys working on something to "fix" the warping in and out from every angle?
    Wouldn't it make more sense to only get in from the back doors (251?) and some kind of >5s waiting time to prevent this "jump out and back in while shooting people" from RO1? Or a system like in DH where you have to open your hatch/similar stuff (maybe look over cover for the passengers) so you can't just rush something and spawn all around the thing combat ready in less than a heartbeat

Is the seat next to the radio not open because of the "beta" status?

Why aren't grenades doing damage to the crew/tracks/..

Is it just a bug that your MG shield "resets" to it's normal "facing forward" position when peeking over?
    I like the moving cam while reloading btw, nice work - and I already hate the restricted cam inside :p

Will/have there been any changes to rakowice to balance the UCs out?

Will there ever be a "knocked out" state instead of blowing up all the time when taken out?

Since you are already working on more seats for the 251.. will it ever be able to hold the RL number?

Is every building going to be open in Arad2? Will they be a little bit better protected against tank shells? atm pretty much every window is open and there is no real cover inside - could be beta ofc

1) No we are not currently working on positional/delayed entry/exit from transports. Our goal with this patch is to get them into the game in a similar state to RO 1. We hope to look into new functionality in future updates.

2) I don't know on this one. But unlikely, it was most likely set up for this update this way (do to the way the passengers function, being able to peak over and how they are coded, that seat is now a "special" role that needs more work and thus was not worked on for this update.

3) This is a bug, grenades should be able to hurt passengers. I'm not sure if standard hand grenades do enough damage to hurt tracks.

4) Unlikely, as it is there are clipping issues with just having 5 passengers in the back.

5) One of our goals with the current beta is to see how the maps with transports now play out and make any changes as needed to bring them into balance.

6) Once again, we are going to watch how the maps play in the beta and make changes where we think are necessary.

Upvote 0
    I'm a little disappointed over the texture resolution, tbh. I noticed the vehicles use just one 2048x2048 texture. I know that's the hard limit on textures in the engine, but wouldn't it have been better to make separate textures for different parts of the vehicle to make it look better? It's just not very pretty to look at. Just separating the vehicle in half to make room for 2 textures would make it look so much better.

Upvote 0
    I'm guessing the infantry AI does not know how to enter vehicles at the moment? Asking of course for those that can't make the test times because of work...

I do not believe they do.

Its of lesser importance, and it is the first iteration so I'm not expecting much, but will there be different skins for winter/summer variants of the vehicles?

I believe those exist (or at least art was worked on).

Upvote 0
    later this evening we expect to update the rising storm beta application with the universal carrier and sdkfz troop transports for the russian and german factions. Along with their inclusion comes the updated barashka, arad 2 and rakowice which have been configured for their use.

finally after this long wait!!!

Upvote 0
    65CFE2AAE43E76322EB6AADE0E3AAC4FA1AC81CA

DCA5AA794F8B1CBBCB4093C8F42A3041D87A23D2

730AB2E16EF6B67493B513C4EE27900CD60E8B4B

I like them for a beta. But i agree on the textures. And some dirt wouldn

Last edited:
    Upvote 0