• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Lapsed Judgment

biolapse1.png

Perhaps we should not have come here”, was the thought on the top of the mercs minds as they entered deeper and deeper into the facility. New clues were the lure that brought them here, the supposed site of one of Dr. Clamely’s favorite offices to work out of when he was more... human-like. But perhaps that, like so many other leads, was just another trap.

Biolapse by Delta-Ranger, took First Place in the Non-Survival mapping contest and is the next community map joining the official rotation. Biolapse is a Holdout style map where players clear floor by floor before moving on to the next. Featuring a wide array of rooms, players will soon discover that the doors they locked behind them may soon be blocking their hasty “suddenly planned” retreat.

biolapse5.png

We’ll have more to share with the mercs in the coming days, including some arsenal additions as well as weapon and perk skill improvements that the design team has been working on. We’ve also been working towards a new way to show our planned update roadmaps with the community and we hope to share that with players soon!

The last thing we wanted to bring to your attention is a new survey that the community team is considering, what we are currently calling the Tripwire Interactive Community Survey. While the various teams here at Tripwire run surveys to gather player data and feedback when they feel they need more information, we felt that this same tool could be employed to get a better read on the community in general and give Tripwire an idea of where it may better focus its efforts moving ahead.

This would be a static survey where players could always come back and update their responses as things change in their minds. To help us out, check out the prototype of this survey today!

Want to give us feedback on the survey? Let us know here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/tripwire-community-survey.2335120/

Last edited:
I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
The only "open" area that is in that map is the last wave room, which is basically a giant circle.
Everything else is pretty tight ( sometimes tighter than nightmare.)

But knowing twi they might expand the room a bit or add an extra pathing to make it easier to kite (at least i hope so, because it can get pretty hectic in some rooms), but otherwise yeh... you're Sh- out of luck xD

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: LunaticMaster
Upvote 0
Good day, I haven't played the game in a long time. But why after updating with Matriarch, the game has become even longer than before to run and consume temporary memory (RAM). I don't have enough RAM right now, only 4 GB. Previously, this was enough to play on medium settings, be a server, and even stream. Now I can't even play, because as soon as I start running the map in solo, I close the game, and Windows writes that there is not enough memory close KF2.

Upvote 0
Because of the more content they add, the more memory the game requires.
I also have 4gb of ram but i play on low settings, and so far im still able to play with locked 62 fps..... Well until the new steam decides to crash, lose connection to itself and taking the game with it, forcing me to restart the game x)

Reactions: infntnub
Upvote 0
I've noticed longer load times for the main menu and of the course that wonderful "stutter" as wave 1 begins and players load in during trader. Otherwise, I haven't needed to change my settings and I'm running 5 year old hardware w/o an SSD :s

Right now I'm on a mix of high/ultra settings but your comment makes me wondering if it's worth me going to medium and seeing if I notice any reduction in these load times or hang-ups.

Upvote 0
Whats interesting Romano found, once he upgraded his rig to an amd Ryzen with 6c/12t + ssd + more ram (i think 16), he says the 1st time action stutters are over 90% gone.
The freezes when someone loads in is still present tho.
And looks like game has easier time running because it distributes load more evenly across threads. So us 4 core 4 thread people are the one's mostly suffering xD

THO. I remember what Foster parent said (rip) that there"s might be a link between performance degradation with systems that have hyper-threading enabled.
But you'd have to somehow manage to play 2 long matches and then some more to see if that's a thing.... That is if the game doesn't crash 1st or if new steam decides to crash and lose connection to api and taking the game with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: infntnub
Upvote 0
Personally, I played with average settings of 60 fps. My system is on SSD, and the game is on HDD and everything was fine, even when I started the stream. BUT, as soon as I updated and (slightly broken Windows) the Game absolutely stopped running even when in solo. And if it does, then there are no Loading screens at all. How do I understand this?

Upvote 0
Seems like an unpopular opinion, but I'm very fond of holdout maps actually. The simple sense of progression you get is quite satisfying. It makes any map feel a little less straightforward.

However what bothers me is that it is YET ANOTHER lab... We get it, Horzine did some nasty experiments. They did weird biological **** everywhere. But could we get some fancier, even wackier maps ? I obviously don't blame the modders who do their best with the assets available.

But really Tripwire, we could do with some exotic settings. Like you used to bring at the beginning of KF2's lifetime

Upvote 0
Seems like an unpopular opinion, but I'm very fond of holdout maps actually. The simple sense of progression you get is quite satisfying. It makes any map feel a little less straightforward.

However what bothers me is that it is YET ANOTHER lab... We get it, Horzine did some nasty experiments. They did weird biological **** everywhere. But could we get some fancier, even wackier maps ? I obviously don't blame the modders who do their best with the assets available.

But really Tripwire, we could do with some exotic settings. Like you used to bring at the beginning of KF2's lifetime
this is basically the whole reason Zed-landing was so good lel

Upvote 0

Hard no with wacky or exotic.

I'm one of those people that prefer lore friendly maps and we have been completely devoid of all of them. And Biolapse aims to be as lore friendly as you can be (within the realm of Holdouts).

Of the 28 maps we have only 5 would be considered lab maps (Bio, Outpost[probably not though], Containment, Lockdown, Diesector), 7 if you want to include Descent and Powercore, which I dont. Unless your definition of a lab is a closed area with no open spaces.

So sick of wacky maps - from the past 10 updates, 7/12 were non-serious settings, with 4 of the others being complete asset rehashes; as in literally no new assets being added - Spillway literally added no new textures or meshes and due to that, it and Asylum are probably some of the most boring maps to play on; looks like the same stuff we've been playing on for the past 3 or so years. And of those 12 maps none have a hard connection to the lore like we had with the original maps or like the majority of the core maps from KF1.

I can understand your frustration with the lack of assets and rehashing though; especially through custom maps - the Biotics assets are very easy to work with for beginners. And we really haven't had new assets since EA with exception Monsterball and Airship, but those are still rather hard assets to mesh with anything else. Biolapse in comparison has around 200+ custom meshes and unique materials to help facilitate a fresh look while still staying within the art direction of KF2 Biotics. But whatever, everyone has their own preferences and tastes.

A new street/urban asset kit would really liven up the creative juices for maps for this game imo. And nicer rocks plz.

Upvote 0