• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Investigating Persons and Places Of Interest

Person Of Interest Biography

drc.png

Name: Rachel Clamely
Previous Last Sighting: (Believed deceased) The London Underground
(Former) Occupation: Horzine Science Division
Current Mental Status: Insane
Known Relatives: Kevin Clamely (AKA: The Patriarch)

Mercs,

We have some good news! We are not sure how, but the “good” Dr. survived the incident in the London Underground, however that is about the end of the jovial news here. Much as the literary case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, the doctor we once knew has changed, and not for the better!

What little intel we have managed to gather so far suggests that, much like her father, she began to dabble in human modification to better battle the threat of the Patriarch and his clone army. Her results seemed to have fared about as well in the mental stability department, so good luck trying to reason with her.

It appears our “Matriarch” here is behind the recent E.D.A.R incursion and has been seen commanding them out in the field. And it looks like she is on the hunt mercs, so get ready for this engagement. If you can’t run, come loaded for Mech Suit.

Matriarch_render_02.jpg

Updated Target Biography
Name:
Matriarch
Known Relations: Patriarch (Deep hatred)
Known Tools: Enhanced Mech Suit and E.D.A.R assistants

Mercs, keep an eye out for the capabilities of this suit, it is not to be underestimated. Reported functionality:

• Electromagnetic shielding (Get blasting)
  • Mechanical Claw - a powerful grappling arm (Rated to crush a tank)
  • Plasma cannon (Official notes just say: Ouch!!)
  • Multiple electric capabilities (both regional and arcing from target to target at range) from the device mounted on the back. (The lab coats are calling these the lighting storm and tesla blast)
  • And cloaking technology built-in as well (this has been reported to not be functional while shielding is still active)

And we wouldn’t be surprised if she has some other secrets lurking. We would wish you luck mercs, but we fear that won’t be enough.

I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
Ho Ho Ho Mercs!

Tis the season! What season? Why the season of holiday creep Yuletide Horror!

And things seem a bit more insane this year. So do make sure to visit the Sanitarium for a checkup.

11.png

The Matriarch hasn’t been the only creature lurking on the fringes, so be sure to explore this dreary local and plumb its depths for what secrets it holds. That is if you don’t lose your way, or mind, or life along these twisted paths.

We are expecting to launch the beta for the Yuletide Horror’s update with all the previously announced content very soon on Steam, with the full rollout for all platforms later this year!

Matriarch_render_06.jpg

And don't forget the Killing Floor 2 Vinyl Soundtrack, which is now available for order! https://www.debugrecords.com/product-page/killing-floor-2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know you guys won't be going extra length on this one.... but wouldn't it be cool if there were unique dialogs when facing the new boss, if you have in your squad Skully, Foster, mrs. Foster, Alberts, classic Masterson and Briar.
Commenting on how they thought she died in that facility, or recapping on what happened in that underground lab.

Also idea: Maybe have a chance in survival mode that instead of spawning 1 boss, it would spawn 2 of them at half or worst case 75% health of one boss'es health.

Upvote 0
The patriarch is annoying not very challenging i hope this is not gonna be another boss that runs away everytime it gets hurt(going invisible and healing 3 or 4 times)this has made me quit endless modes etc. to avoid the frustration of going up against a boss that can heal itself go invisible and just be pretty lame in general in short teach that old dog some new tricks .Keep up the goodwork can't wait to see whats in the future for the kf franchise

Upvote 0
Hey its Voss from Quake 4!

And hell yeah to Sanitarium! It would be cool if map descriptions came back... and interesting if Sanitarium was canon since the game would feel much much darker if that was the case

Also this is a stretch but it would be cool if non holiday zeds varied slightly in appearance based on the 'boss' at the end, assuming bosses are like commanders/generals to the zeds. Like Patty's zeds look vanilla, Matriarch's zeds have visible cybernetics like the borg or strogg, king fleshpound's zeds have metal spikes and plates on their bodies, and han's zeds being more cut up/experimented on or having those green tubes on their bodies like hans

Last edited:
Reactions: anarchycreater
Upvote 0
The patriarch is annoying not very challenging i hope this is not gonna be another boss that runs away everytime it gets hurt(going invisible and healing 3 or 4 times)this has made me quit endless modes etc. to avoid the frustration of going up against a boss that can heal itself go invisible and just be pretty lame in general in short teach that old dog some new tricks .Keep up the goodwork can't wait to see whats in the future for the kf franchise

Literally the easiest boss if you throw c4 and blow him up when he runs.

Upvote 0
This looks like a very enjoyable Christmas. I do have one question though. Will there be an option to enable the original menu style, with it showing each Zed individually? I know there is a similar option in Rising Storm 2 and I was wondering if that option would make it into KF2 since I preferred the original menu style.

Upvote 0