• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] What was your fav. movie of 2013?

I haven't seen that much 2013 Movies. But my favorite was probably The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. I'm a JRR Tolkien Fan anyway and Peter Jackson does his job good to visualize those stories. Although in The Hobbit are many new disagreements with me in terms of imagination and making a epic movie.

A quite thrilling movie to see in 2013 was The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Just worth mentioning :)

Upvote 0
I only saw three movies; I liked '12 Years A Slave' but that was a bit depressing to watch, though a good film.

'Trishna' (Freida Pinto; Riz Ahmed; shown in the U.S in 2013), a modern adaptation set in India of the English novel 'Tess of the D'Urbervilles' (1891) by Thomas Hardy about the seduction of a poor peasant girl was the best of the three though also serious and depressing but not as depressing as '12 Years A Slave'.

Trishna - Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube

The 1979 film 'Tess' by Roman Polanski kept the original setting of Victorian England and starred the beautiful Nastassja Kinski:

Nastassja Kinski in Tess 1981 TV trailer - YouTube

Thomas Hardy was a great writer:

Thomas Hardy, OM (2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928) was an English novelist and poet. A Victorian realist in the tradition of George Eliot, he was influenced both in his novels and in his poetry by Romanticism, especially William Wordsworth.[1] Charles Dickens was another important influence.[2] Like Dickens, he was highly critical of much in Victorian society, though Hardy focused more on a declining rural society.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Hardy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Best movies were from 1999, the Matrix and Fight Club. Honorable mention to 1980s Blade Runner.

As for tweenies movies, ohh god, I get nauseaus from the lameness, Micheal Bay, all these romantic lame comedies with Hollywood bs? I think the only recent moves I enjoyed from the tweenies are anything with Al Pacino, Robert Deniro or Christopher Walken and that's when it comes to American movies. What I really liked was the Russian made Stalingrad movie from 2013.

Upvote 0