• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the hell is going on here Part 2 !!!!!!!!

Shot00033_1.jpg

This is also one of my other problems, the tip of the carrot on someones face is a kill shot, but it doesnt now, and thats from a fixed positon !!!!! The secondary box is where i have to keep the recticle for a kill shot this is highly unrealistic, and completely stupid, in my opinon and many others i have conversed with as well !!!!!

Last edited:
Ok dunno what your typing exactly but is it something like

At that range of about 30 meters, you have to shoot few cm below the target you're trying to hit.

If thats your problem then thats because your sniper and the rifles aswell are set at 200 meters distance meaning if an enemy is under 200 meters distance from you, you'll need to aim below where you want to hit.

Upvote 0
ok im not an idiot, im known as the Tiger Sniper, i have documented proof of 1000 - 1200 meter shots ok, i am a very accurate marksman, i know all about drop and windage, but when im aiming at someone face on danzig the should be no freakin way i have to drop my sites to hit him thank you, he is close distance where i can see him with a naked eye, then he should be dead i shouldnt have to fire 2 or 3 shot to hit him, up until this last patch where they did the bug fix it ruined the sniper, i can hit someone with a STG-44 on single shot or a regular bolt action from that distance, better than i can with a sniper rifle, and thats retarded, !!!!! Its quite simple stop fixing things that dont need to be fixed, ever think that its these peoples computers that are messing up the graphics not the actuall game

Upvote 0
wasnt tryin to brag bro, i just dont like being called out or being told i dont know what im talking about, there are alot of sarcastic people that post and the ones im trying to get to dont respond but they respond to other trivial crap and thats annoying !!!!!!

To get what i'm meaning go in your tank pretending to be a tiger sniper ok.

Then set the range to 1500 meters. after that shoot a tank thats 5 meters away the bullet will go way over him.

Thats the thing its set for 200 meters under 200 meters you need to shoot slightly below the target because the gun is made so that at 200 meters it hits dead on while it actually dropped a few centimeters already about 20cm i guess. So if you're up against an enemy closeby you must aim about 20cm Below him.

Upvote 0
Really wow you really got me there, i didnt know that. Wow thanks for telling me :rolleyes:
Now the serious part, i am making a video of me firing on the Lubjankow Schiessbahn v1.0, i make a shot from a fixed supported position, and the shot hit in 4 different positions, now if its supposed to be as accurate as you say, it should hit the Bullseye dead center everytime if aimed as you stateted, so then why did all 4 sniper rifles miss the target, and i had to shoot off to the right for it to hit the bullseye ????????

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok im not an idiot, im known as the Tiger Sniper, i have documented proof of 1000 - 1200 meter shots ok, i am a very accurate marksman, i know all about drop and windage, but when im aiming at someone face on danzig the should be no freakin way i have to drop my sites to hit him thank you, he is close distance where i can see him with a naked eye, then he should be dead i shouldnt have to fire 2 or 3 shot to hit him, up until this last patch where they did the bug fix it ruined the sniper, i can hit someone with a STG-44 on single shot or a regular bolt action from that distance, better than i can with a sniper rifle, and thats retarded, !!!!! Its quite simple stop fixing things that dont need to be fixed, ever think that its these peoples computers that are messing up the graphics not the actuall game

Dude, i hate to break it to you, but it's not the rifle, it's you. You can't use the sniper, and the sooner you get over it the better, because you're just making a fool of yourself :p.

Upvote 0
the reason why the HITPUFF hits off is because the hitpuff will show once you RELEASE the mouse button, meaning that your gun already recoiled a bit ;) and went up a little. And because the recoil goes both left and right it doesn't move to the exact location.

SO when trying to make sure that when you hit an enemy purely look at the kills not at where the dustpuffs land because they are ****ed up for a LOOONG time now. (i actually don't even know if the sniper is set at 200 meters i know that the bolt action rifle is set at 100 or 200 sniper might be set at 0)

Anyway you can't blame us, we have to guess what you're talking about that aint our fault :p, and if you need to aim to the right and always with thesame amount then thats a different bug probably with the 3d scope model in the mod the 3d scope shot a bit off target always with thesame amount, but i believed that was ok in ostfront. Never used a scope though. But using the texture scope instead would be an easy way to findout since that one is correct 100% certain.

Upvote 0
I know zetsumei, im not blamin you and i appologize if you felt i was directing towards you, im directing it towards Tripwire, dont get me wrong this is the greatest game i have ever played i love it, it Americas Army, with Battlefield series, COD and Mdeal of Honor all rolled into one with a dose of Super Crack added in the for measure, but all these othe games atleast the sniper rifles work some what correctly, and Americas army is also a realism game and its snipers dont have to shoot off center for a kill shot is all im saying, no i have my blackscreen back but the recticle are still the same in either texure mode, which was my point all along, the German Kar-98 ( Long scope ) didnt have the same optics the G-43 ( compact scope ) did, the Russians did being both of their Sniper Rifles used the same scope
MosinNagantPU3.jpg

Upvote 0
the thing is the hitpuff doesn't hit where the bullet is hitting. The bullets are accurate just the visual impact isn't (same reason you sometimes see blood while you didn't hit the enemy).

And yes the amount of zoom is wrong for about all rifles and shouldn't be thesame (although i believe there were some scopes with thesame magnification) for the semi autos and the full autos.

The ironsights are wrong thats another topic you created and was created some time ago thats not the thing were discussing. We're discussing how to hit stuff with it.

And of that i only point out is that the visual hit thingy is not showing the actual bullet impact.

And you can't set range, and the 3d scopes might be a slight bit off center (dunno myself). But believe me on 1 thing the rifles are darned accurate. semi autos alot less.

Upvote 0