• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What maps/events from KF1 are canon to KF2?

retromenace

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Salt Lake City
So maybe I'm missing the point of a hectic wave based "shot everything that moves" game by worrying about canon, but I recently realized something.

KF2's news and details revealed that KF2 is when Europe had been invaded by the specimens -- meaning that they hadn't invaded Europe until after KF1.

However, in KF1 there's the map Suburbia which takes place in America. The description for this map states that "The United States were keeping their eyes on Europe as it was overtaken by so called specimens"... this means that the map Suburbia can't take place UNTIL the events of KF2 at least, and realistically would seem to happen somewhat afterwords. Which means the map can't be canon as it is in KF1, but cannot take place until at least the events of KF2.

So, this begs the question... Just what maps are and are not canon to Killing Floor's story?

So maybe I'm missing the point of a hectic wave based "shot everything that moves" game by worrying about canon, but I recently realized something.

KF2's news and details revealed that KF2 is when Europe had been invaded by the specimens -- meaning that they hadn't invaded Europe until after KF1.

However, in KF1 there's the map Suburbia which takes place in America. The description for this map states that "The United States were keeping their eyes on Europe as it was overtaken by so called specimens"... this means that the map Suburbia can't take place UNTIL the events of KF2 at least, and realistically would seem to happen somewhat afterwords. Which means the map can't be canon as it is in KF1, but cannot take place until at least the events of KF2.

So, this begs the question... Just what maps are and are not canon to Killing Floor's story?

Suburbia is not an official map, but a community made one and the description was also done by the author instead of TW.

Upvote 0
If we stick to the main story line of the game we have the canon squad members deployed in West London attempting to stop the Zeds from destroying London and then the troops move into the Offices of the Horzine company to search for the where abouts of the Labs where the patriarch is hiding and the Zeds are coming from - which they go through the sewers to reach - and eventually end up in the Bio Labs where they face the patriarch only for him to escape and flee out towards the country to Wyre - Where he once again escapes and ends up in Europe.

One can assume the story is the same - contain the Zeds and kill them all, then find the patriarch and shove "one in the pipe" (his colon)

Last edited:
Upvote 0