• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 What is your opinion about the new map?

I liked the Combined Arms Feel and it felt like the tanks were balanced on both sides. I really liked the vegetation and especially those swaying trees! I played one round as Allies and we had a good TL so we pushed through the caps fairly well. It seemed like we got Arty every 2 mins or so but I cant confirm. The size felt appropriate even with the tanks. I wasn't getting panzer sniped at 230 meters like I do endlessly in Barashka. Just as we started to Cap last Objective...ROGame.exe Stopped Working so that's all I know for now...

Overall it felt like a RO2 map made by a RS mapper...if that makes sense. But it worked for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I played it 5 times yesterday, once as Axis, the rest Allied. On 4 rounds, Allies didn't get past A & B and on the other, we had a good commander and made it @ halfway. I won't claim that it's unbalanced at this point as it's early and people haven't figured out the map or strategy yet.

So, my comments are limited to only the areas I played unfortunately.

A&B are very RS-like, Axis with their darker uniforms are harder to see and they have elevated positions, giving them an advantage here. The atmosphere is great, the swaying vegetation and flying birds play tricks with your eyes, making movement harder to spot. It was frustrating as Allied that many of the small elevated hillocks are blocked off, as they would make great places for MG's and others to set up.

The next caps have great trenches and structures.

I only made it to the ruins once.

Overall, A&B seem difficult for Allies, with arty and flanking tanks, you can succeed at taking them. The following caps are much easier. It's a fairly wide map, like many other HOS maps, there seems to be interesting terrain on the sides that isn't utilized as the caps are centered and linear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm liking it more as I play it, although I have seen the tank/reinf bug render it unplayable at times.

I've yet to see attackers win it, although I think as play matures on it, we will. It was the same for Bridges, Winterwald or Rackowitz. It takes a while to figure out a successful strategy. Attackers seem to have frequent arty, that seems to be a key.

Upvote 0
First time I played it was this weekend, we won as attackers just before time ran out.

Played it again, also as attackers, but stalled out just past the two bridges.

I didn't think it was the least bit brighter than any other sunlit daytime map. I dunno, I saw the gamma-issue screenshots before I played it, but in-game it sure didn't give me the impression of being any different. Most definitely not a lot different.

I liked the design, tons of cover, cool emplacements, nice wide flanks. Most emplacements I didn't see used very well by the defenders, but I haven't played axis on it yet so I'm not sure why.

It's got wetlands, trenches, bunkers, bridges, open areas, a hill, villages, a warehouse. And tons of cover and defilade and foliage all over the place.

Maybe some small time/tickets tweaks could be called for, but I haven't enough experience on it yet to have a firm opinion in that regard.

A masterful effort, in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Yeah, as Jank has already mentioned the first thing I noticed after playing it a few times was that it changed as you went through the map. Starting with the swamp, then to the bunkers, then to the village, then to the bridge and then to the runway.

A lot of really cool things going on, on this map. I feel like this is the map some of the people have been waiting for before bridges.

Upvote 0
I hate - forest(it looks bad on UE3), "fog"(visibility of 100 meters, blood from eye), useless trenches and bunkers(quick death). Standard buildings of other maps. Stalingrad is a city, not a forest.

Two weeks later, no one will play Demyansk, as nobody plays Tula.
The game needs Zhitomir, Univermag and Odessa.

City. This.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Only steppe.

007.7dkxjh34ltogccoo0ckocsook.ejcuplo1l0oo0sk8c40s8osc4.th.jpeg

Upvote 0