• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is the craziest free-week tactic you have seen?

Craziest moment for me was as a Russian in the alley of Stalingrad Kessel, I found myself get into close combat with two German riflemen. Both guys missed so I ran towards the second guy, buttstock all charged up. I can't remember if I hit him or not, but he didn't die. Suddenly the other guy decided to join in and I found myself surrounded by two Germans, both trying to smack me in the face while we were dancing around each other, and I was trying the same thing of course.

I got both of them using nothing but the blunt end of my rifle :D

Upvote 0
Scikar said:
Attacking a tank with grenades doesn't seem that odd to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't stationary tanks in close terrain vulnerable to infantry dropping grenades through the hatches and blowing the tracks off?
A grenade can't blow a track off. You can kill crew with grenades if they are unbuttoned.

The dumbest thing I saw....

Noobie tankers riding around unbuttoned into fire zones. I kept machine gunning them in the drivers seat. By the time it was over I had three empty russian tanks sitting around me, which drew lots of fire from my German comrades.

Upvote 0
I arrive to Odessa, only 3mins left. That would be the first day of Trial(okay the first hour to be exact). I play as a russian and wonder whats the situation. I go to apartments and no one, I mean no one was in there. And I capped it, and no one ever came to help me or tried to kill me in there. Then I started teaching that u should cap the objectives, not go sightseeing tour in front of enemys MG.

Upvote 0
I didn't get to see any crazy tactics but I had fun with some green recruits on a couple maps. I'd spot an enemy picking up weapons from a fallen comrade. Bang!, dead enemy. Another enemy would stop and pick up weapons. Bang!, dead enemy. Another enemy would stop and pick up weapons.....repeat...

They should have realized why an ammo cache was piling up. This was from relatively short range. It wasn't like I was shooting them from far away. A grizzled old veteran happened to come by, recognized the pile of weapons for what it was, and took me out with a burst of SMG fire.

Upvote 0
On Krasny, at the start of a round, all the russians were trying to get out the door. So with everyone puching and so many pushing the "use" key, the doors were never open onlg enough for anyone to get out. Finally the DP-28 guy sets up his gun and mows down probably 60% of the russians. (Fortunentally I saw it coming and was able to get away.) Then he gets up and tries to exit but eventually... It became a TK house in the little rooms, where no one could get out. Little scary actually...

Upvote 0
Sichartshofen said:
- Coaxil MG's constantly firing at my tank inbetween reloads.

I've been playing for a while and I have to say that is something I do alot myself. I know it does no damage, but it makes alot of noise and sometimes... rarely makes a person distracted enough to miss, that and it usually discourages tankers from bailling out of thier tank before I get a a chance to blow them up in it with my second shot.

Which brings up the point. Lots of the new guys bailed from thier tanks the moment it took it's first hit.

Upvote 0
I try not to use the mg on other tanks, especially when they cant see me, all it does is track the enemy back to the tank, even if they overswing by a little it still buys you a second which can mean alot. Let alone other enemy tanks spotting you.

However the only wierd tactic i seen someone use was driveing the tank i was in into artillary since they thought tanks couldent be harmed by it. :D

Upvote 0
In Combat Mission, grenades can damage the tracks of a tank and make it immobile. I think it's mostly when the tank moves over a nade right before it explodes. It's rare but it happens.

I sometimes fire MG at an enemy tank between shot. First to annoy the gunner while he tries to aim for the next shot, and also to maybe kill the driver who could have forgotten to close his hatch when the fight started. Of course, I will not do it if my tank is still mostly concealed.

The craziest tactic I have seen was driving a Panzer IV at full speed sideways in front of enemy tanks while firing with the turret at 9 o'clock. All this in front of at least three t34 at less than 100m on Black July.

Upvote 0
george said:
On Krasny, at the start of a round, all the russians were trying to get out the door. So with everyone puching and so many pushing the "use" key, the doors were never open onlg enough for anyone to get out. Finally the DP-28 guy sets up his gun and mows down probably 60% of the russians. (Fortunentally I saw it coming and was able to get away.) Then he gets up and tries to exit but eventually... It became a TK house in the little rooms, where no one could get out. Little scary actually...
I think that redefines the phrase 'cabin fever'

Upvote 0
bunny hoping worked wonder in the mod. Out of a force of habit i still do it sometimes :D

Funnest tactic would have to be suicide sat charges. i would just shoot the runner as soon as he pulled the pin, which kills any of his team mates in the area :p (i wonder what would happed if you shot it out his hand, then shot him in the leg......)

Upvote 0