• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

what is combat armor called internally?

LolzMan1325

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
i'm making a sound mod and i need to know the name of the game parameter that keeps track of the player's amount of armor, because when making a sound that follows that game parameter in Wwise it needs to be the exact name used in the program, but i have no way of finding that out.

i've tried:
armor
player_armor
playerarmor
player_combat_armor
player_combatarmor
playercombatarmor
combatarmor
combat_armor

I don't really know what you require for what you're doing with Wwise. KFPawn_Human.Armor is the 'game parameter' that tracks how much armor the player has. Do you have more details about how this audio system works? Additionally, are you expecting this system to only monitor the local player's armor, and not the armor of other players on the server?

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be of much help as I stopped using Wwise after realising audio modding has been deliberately hamstrung.

Upvote 0
i need the system that only monitors the player's armor.

i made a mod for the impact sounds (melee, bullets, headshots) and one of these are the impact sounds used for when you take damage in 1st-person. in the last christmas update, tripwire added a hitsound for when you take damage with armor, but this sound is in the same AkEvent as the normal hitsounds, so what's supposed to happen is the game checks for whether or not you have armor over a certain value to play the armor hitsound instead of the regular one.

but in order for Wwise to track that stat it needs to be the exact name of the game parameter used in the program, I.E. health is just "Health" but if something in the soundbank needed to track this stat it couldn't be called "PlayerHealth" because that's not what the program uses

Upvote 0
doesn't seem to be working, that line says SetTRPCValue but then says true, in Wwise RTPC effects can't be true or false, not sure if that's relevant

i guess to be more specific i'm looking for the thing that gets the armor value to display on your HUD? or maybe it shouldn't be a game parameter at all but game parameters are the only things i can use to control things like volume based on values that need to be the exact name of the value used in the program in order to work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
According to syntax the true parameter there stands for optional bool bGlobal. I have no idea what it does though.

Armor value to display on HUD is taken from player's class, as Pharrahnox mentioned (KFPawn_Human.Armor). I feel like the only way game communicates and passes arguments to sound engine is via SetTRPCValue function and Armor_Level actually should be it, since this is hardcoded name variable which should be recognized on the recieving end (if it's meant to be in the first place).

I don't know if it does ring a bell and whether you can verify and / or modify these to see if Armor_Level works, but here are the other name variables game sends to sound engine to process:

Visual_Scale - upon changing zed / player size, audio pitch.

GRENADEFX - ear ring effect when you take explosive damage, currently disabled i believe.

R_Method - GS / SS's rack em up sound effect.

Weapon_Charge - Husk cannon charge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0