• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What if....

brick_top1982

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
I know I'll probably get bashed on about this....but what if the Fleshpound Decap was back, and can only be done by a zerker with a melee weapon? This idea came to me when I saw that the Melee stuns are only going to be given to the Zerkers (in Beta anyways)

I just watched some old video of my buddies and I decaping Fleshpounds, and then one of my friends getting turned into confetti by a raged headless Fleshpound, made me tickle inside :p

Then everyone would complain about how OP the zerker is.
It would get fixed and he'd get chainsaw-level headshot multipliers for every melee weapon. Because fixing a thing only one way isn't enough, obviously.
Then some people would proceed to tell that these nerfs were justified because otherwise, you could just kill everything by just running into it.

Upvote 0
meh... I knew it would get bashed on. I just miss having everyone run for cover when this "headless" chicken effect happened. We'll see though when the beta hits. I just want utter chaos on suicidal like how it used to be.
How would making pounds easier to take care of create chaos?
Also the xbow in the beta does generate headless raged pounds 100% of the time IF you can take the head off at all.

Upvote 0
How would making pounds easier to take care of create chaos?
Also the xbow in the beta does generate headless raged pounds 100% of the time IF you can take the head off at all.

Not saying this is going to happen, I just wanted to get a general feel of what people think (those who played since retail release)

What I MEANT was, whatever happens in the upcoming balancing, I hope suicidal will be anarchy once again.

Upvote 0
Careful what you wish for~

Me loves a challenge, even if it causes me to kill a pack of cigarettes in one night, even if it causes me to wheep an cry like a little school girl, I just love it.

I remember one night in particular, (think it was right when the supports got the slight penetration nerf) A few childhood friends and I stayed up all night trying to clear offices on suicidal. It drove us mental how we couldn't get past wave 9. We took breaks and discussed new strategies, just to get them shot down again and again at wave 9. After we finally finished it, we all high fived and passed out on the couch we were playing on.

Probably the most fun I ever had on Killing Floor, probably on any other game period. Well, maybe finally beating Devil May Cry 1 on the hardest difficulty is a close second. That game gave me Nintendo thumb :p

Upvote 0
I know I'll probably get bashed on about this....but what if the Fleshpound Decap was back, and can only be done by a zerker with a melee weapon? This idea came to me when I saw that the Melee stuns are only going to be given to the Zerkers (in Beta anyways)

I just watched some old video of my buddies and I decaping Fleshpounds, and then one of my friends getting turned into confetti by a raged headless Fleshpound, made me tickle inside :p

this is the way it was from May 09 - October 09. the zerker was a beast. there were countless threads of people claiming the FP decaps were a bug, with TW stating that it was intended gameplay for chainsaws to get decaps but decaps shouldn't happen with the other weapons......some claimed that the zerker was "OP".......imo, the zerker wasn't overpowered at all during this time. he was good at FP/Scrake duty and sticking close to the team for backup when they were getting overran. the mobs of small crap were a constant annoyance to zerkers. the addition of the Katana made the zerker somewhat "OP" because it allowed him to rambo and solo on his own.

imo, i prefer the pre-Katana zerker much better. zerkers had a specific role, which was to get FP decaps and stun Scrakes. it was the role of every other "comabt" class to protect the zerker and clear paths for him so that he could do his job. medics actually did their job and healed zerkers since most tended to take good ammounts of damage from headless raging FPs :D. at least back then roles were well defined and people played the game accordingly and had to use teamwork to win.

my perfect KF would have zerkers and SS as the roles of anti-"priority targets". SS using the bow to get longer range kills against FP/Scrakes and husks, and zerkers as solid backup when FP/Scrakes close in on the team. it's just hilarious to me how TW back then stated zerkers were the "anti-FP/Scrake" role.....then the headshot detection and hitboxes were corrected, making the crossbow more widely used to decap the big boys.....so TW then says "SS is anti-FP/Scrake". now looking at the beta changes, it's like they're again changing their ideas of what each perk's role is as the bow/SS is getting nerfed like crazy.

just tired of the indecisiveness....set the roles of perks in stone and then stop screwing with them :IS2:

so yes, i also suggest and support the idea to bring back zerker chainsaw decaps on FPs.

Reactions: CandleJack
Upvote 0
this is the way it was from May 09 - October 09. the zerker was a beast. there were countless threads of people claiming the FP decaps were a bug, with TW stating that it was intended gameplay for chainsaws to get decaps but decaps shouldn't happen with the other weapons......some claimed that the zerker was "OP".......imo, the zerker wasn't overpowered at all during this time. he was good at FP/Scrake duty and sticking close to the team for backup when they were getting overran. the mobs of small crap were a constant annoyance to zerkers. the addition of the Katana made the zerker somewhat "OP" because it allowed him to rambo and solo on his own.

imo, i prefer the pre-Katana zerker much better. zerkers had a specific role, which was to get FP decaps and stun Scrakes. it was the role of every other "comabt" class to protect the zerker and clear paths for him so that he could do his job. medics actually did their job and healed zerkers since most tended to take good ammounts of damage from headless raging FPs :D. at least back then roles were well defined and people played the game accordingly and had to use teamwork to win.

my perfect KF would have zerkers and SS as the roles of anti-"priority targets". SS using the bow to get longer range kills against FP/Scrakes and husks, and zerkers as solid backup when FP/Scrakes close in on the team. it's just hilarious to me how TW back then stated zerkers were the "anti-FP/Scrake" role.....then the headshot detection and hitboxes were corrected, making the crossbow more widely used to decap the big boys.....so TW then says "SS is anti-FP/Scrake". now looking at the beta changes, it's like they're again changing their ideas of what each perk's role is as the bow/SS is getting nerfed like crazy.

just tired of the indecisiveness....set the roles of perks in stone and then stop screwing with them :IS2:

so yes, i also suggest and support the idea to bring back zerker chainsaw decaps on FPs.

Never thought about it that way, but yea I agree with you when the classes were more filled out pre heavy metal patch.

The ONLY thing I didn't like was that every other class could decap the FPs. I always just wanted the Berserker be allowed to do it, and ONLY with melee weapons.

Whatever they decide to do, I'm just glad it looks like the game will be hard as nails once again :D:D

Upvote 0
The ONLY thing I didn't like was that every other class could decap the FPs. I always just wanted the Berserker be allowed to do it, and ONLY with melee weapons.

yup, that's exactly what i want to. special "abilities" should be restricted to perks not just the weapons....like SS decapping FPs/Scrakes with a bow, SS stunning with LAR, or zerker stunning a Scrake with alt-fire melee weapon. what makes weapons or abilities seem "OP" is because it would apply to any perk, which imo started breaking the game during the heavy metal update

Upvote 0