• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What happened to the death moans and such?

I can confirm on this problem

The days the game first came out i remember fighting for the propaganda house and getting killed as a Russian only to scream at the top of my lounges for mommy.

But it never happens anymore for some reason. Usualy when i die i just drop dead. Not even a sound, nothing at all.

When i kill someone else no screams/death cries are there

The only stuff i hear are when someone gets badly wounded and bandages.

Like the Russians that go " Ahh Pizdec, Im wounded! " .. But thats about it

Upvote 0
yes, they were removed, haven't seen any since the last few updates, and now it looks really silly. reason: when they occurred it was matched to an animation of the dying soldier twitching on the floor, grabbing his neck/belly/etc.

now they're just twitching like mutes, and it looks odd.
the crying really really really added to the immersion. it added something very unique. and it didn't happen ALL the time.
now the only "crying" is when players get shot and do this weird dance before dying.

can't see how this is a bug though, but if a dev reads this , I really hope you'll bring them back or at least give us the option to choose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I seriously hate the fact that the death yells have been removed, it was a great immersion maker, and now people just rock around like dolls.

Now whenever I see people die it's as if every single one of them has instantly been killed with a bullet to the head. If someone gets shot in the stomach, they should yell out in pain like in the beta, not just drop down silently...

Upvote 0
I seriously hate the fact that the death yells have been removed, it was a great immersion maker, and now people just rock around like dolls.

Now whenever I see people die it's as if every single one of them has instantly been killed with a bullet to the head. If someone gets shot in the stomach, they should yell out in pain like in the beta, not just drop down silently...
Well some people say that it works for them so maybe we need to mess with the config files

Upvote 0