• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What happened to Mamayev_Neutral?

I'd like to see more maps like that, where the central cap starts neutral, but takes much longer to cap than the other ones, and the team that caps it starts attacking. Maybe the next caps could also have a shorter lockdown timer, but instead of ending the map, it would give the defenders the chance to counter-attack and switch to the attacking side. It could be interesting, and I think it's worth a try to see if it'd work.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see more maps like that, where the central cap starts neutral, but takes much longer to cap than the other ones, and the team that caps it starts attacking. Maybe the next caps could also have a shorter lockdown timer, but instead of ending the map, it would give the defenders the chance to counter-attack and switch to the attacking side. It could be interesting, and I think it's worth a try to see if it'd work.
i like that idea! :)

Upvote 0
It was a prototype map design that had some issues both technical and gameplay wise that could not be addressed in time for release. It may return in the future, or perhaps another map will make use of what it was trying to accomplish moving forward.

Maybe replace count-down with this and give all maps the capability to be played this way?

Make it so everyone gets five lives or something for each cap-point, and mix that in with the neutral cap-zone paradigm.

Upvote 0
The above suggestion sounds great, we could have this but make the neutral cap-zone take double the amount of time as the other ones. This way to make it the point everyone wants to capture.

For those that hold the neutral point, you could give them 0.25 reinforcements back for every kill. So four kills returns a reinforcement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0