• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What happened to Dev diary 2 part 2 of 2?

Don Draper

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Was there ever a Dev Diary 2 part 2? looks like they really butchered the neat monthly video build up since the play station announcement.

They had these nice littler reveal vids of characters, and left us hanging nicely in anticipation with the corrupted scrake footage.....

Then some dev diarys, really good... which are great!

Then they release a playstaion announcment, they show the scrake in it with no build up going of the previous release video, go straight to dev diary 3 skippiing part 2 of dev 2 and stop the monthy reveal vids of characters.

They have completly butchered the reveal videos, i was enjoying the build, now i feel cheated now.

Dont mess this up TWI.

Was there ever a Dev Diary 2 part 2? looks like they really butchered the neat monthly video build up since the play station announcement.

They had these nice littler reveal vids of characters, and left us hanging nicely in anticipation with the corrupted scrake footage.....

Then some dev diarys, really good... which are great!

Then they release a playstaion announcment, they show the scrake in it with no build up going of the previous release video, go straight to dev diary 3 skippiing part 2 of dev 2 and stop the monthy reveal vids of characters.

They have completly butchered the reveal videos, i was enjoying the build, now i feel cheated now.

Dont mess this up TWI.

What do you mean by dev diaries 2 part 2? You mean the weapons? If I understand correctly, it was supposed to be revealed at PAX but there was some sort of last-minute issue. Or did you mean the Gore? Because part 2 of that was released for months now. Or do you not understand at all and think that there's supposed to be a Zeds part 2?

Here's the monthly video reveals in order:

Dev Diaries 1 The Zeds

Dev Diaries 2 The Gore (Part 1)

Dev Diaries 2 The Gore (Part 2)

Dev Diaries 3 Weapons and Perks (Part 1)

Upvote 0
What do you mean by dev diaries 2 part 2? You mean the weapons? If I understand correctly, it was supposed to be revealed at PAX but there was some sort of last-minute issue. Or did you mean the Gore? Because part 2 of that was released for months now. Or do you not understand at all and think that there's supposed to be a Zeds part 2?

Here's the monthly video reveals in order:

Dev Diaries 1 The Zeds

Not a Dev diary, and there was 2 parts:
Horzine Internal Security Footage - Know Your Zeds!
Killing Floor 2 News From the KF 2 Press Event - Meet The Zeds Part 2!
(but no part 3 for the scrake???? Mising, revealed in the stupid PS4 trailer, they completly aborted the big scrake reveal! )
Meeeting the zeds is not a Dev diary. Developer siary is usually talking to the developers about the tech.

Dev Diaries 2 The Gore (Part 1)

THis Dev Diary 2 - The Gore system part 1 of 2 ... and first in-game footage
But what about Dev diarys 1?

Dev Diaries 2 The Gore (Part 2)
Not even labelled corectly.
IGN Has Posted The Next Part Of Our Killing Floor 2 Dev Diary Series: The Gore Part 2
Is named just dev diarys and labeled part 2, still makes me wonder where Dev Diarys 1 went to?

Dev Diaries 3 Weapons and Perks (Part 1)
Lets hope TWI learn from this point on can take the time to get the titles right. they butchered the Scrake reveal. hopefully they dont on the patty.

Upvote 0
Lets hope TWI learn from this point on can take the time to get the titles right. they butchered the Scrake reveal.

Tripwire already said the the reason the Scrake didn't make an appearance in Meet the Zeds is because he was going through a redesign process at that time. So yeah, they weren't building him up, they just were not done with him yet. It's kind of lame, but I don't lose sleep because of it. I actually think the new Scrake is pretty cool. :cool:

Upvote 0
Not a Dev diary, and there was 2 parts:
Horzine Internal Security Footage - Know Your Zeds!
Killing Floor 2 News From the KF 2 Press Event - Meet The Zeds Part 2!
(but no part 3 for the scrake???? Mising, revealed in the stupid PS4 trailer, they completly aborted the big scrake reveal! )
Meeeting the zeds is not a Dev diary. Developer siary is usually talking to the developers about the tech.

THis Dev Diary 2 - The Gore system part 1 of 2 ... and first in-game footage
But what about Dev diarys 1?

Not even labelled corectly.
IGN Has Posted The Next Part Of Our Killing Floor 2 Dev Diary Series: The Gore Part 2
Is named just dev diarys and labeled part 2, still makes me wonder where Dev Diarys 1 went to?

Lets hope TWI learn from this point on can take the time to get the titles right. they butchered the Scrake reveal. hopefully they dont on the patty.

I facepalmed. I got depressed. I wouldn't be surprised if you also somehow managed to give me cancer. Do some ****ing research next time.

Upvote 0