• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] what game is this?

chuy

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Jalisco, Guadalajara, M
You are in a beach during a war but I dont know which war. You would be stationary, you cant move. You have to kill the incoming troops from boats and also aircraft in sort of waves. The troops would come closer and closer and will eventual shoot when they are close enough. I think you are in a bunker. Thats all I remember. I remember playing this during the windows xp era. Its a REALLY light game. I would play it on a Pentium II 450mhz processor :D

This may be ww2 but cant confirm. It was really fun. I was like 6 years old so I dont remember :( we got some older folk than me that might remember. This was the first pc game I got into :D

Last edited:
You are in a beach during a war but I dont know which war. You would be stationary, you cant move. You have to kill the incoming troops from boats and also aircraft in sort of waves. The troops would come closer and closer and will eventual shoot when they are close enough. I think you are in a bunker. Thats all I remember. I remember playing this during the windows xp era. Its a REALLY light game. I would play it on a Pentium II 450mhz processor :D

This may be ww2 but cant confirm. It was really fun. I was like 6 years old so I dont remember :( we got some older folk than me that might remember. This was the first pc game I got into :D

Operation Blockade. That game was sweet, havent played it in ages. Surprised Im not the only one who remembers it:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation:_Blockade

Upvote 0
To put it in perspective, IGN did give God Hand a pretty low score, among other things, and that game is a masterpiece. So I'm not saying the game is necessarily bad. If anything, it increases its chance of being good.

lol, that^. I find these days, critic scores are often proportional to the $$$'s the publisher is willing to spend.

Funny story about Op. Blockade, my favorite part of that game was seeing how many planes I could take out with the howitzer.

Upvote 0
After this thread I felt the need to play it again haha. Found a full version somewhere, and been playing it on and off for the past days :p

I have to say, watching the ships sink is just as fun as it ever was. They take their time going down :eek:
For such an old game it's still cool to see all the little parts that can come off of a plane or a big battleship. Trying to take out the turrets to minimize the damage it can do while you work your way through their hull with a piece of artillery.

Oh, and the infantry coming off the landing boats are fun to shoot as well. They are basically one shot one kill once you get the BAR, otherwise two shots with the old Thompson. They are sprites, but watching them do a faceplant or get blasted off their feet is still amusing :p

Upvote 0