• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What do you want to see in the patch after next?

What do you want to see in the patch after next?

• Graphics

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • New Features # 1 (new vehicles, maps, etc)

Votes: 45 30.4%
  • New features # 2 (edit existing features)

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • bug fixes

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • other fixes

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • focus on infantry

Votes: 38 25.7%
  • focus on tanks

Votes: 17 11.5%

• Total voters
Upvote 0
Just remembered something that I never want to see again:
yuck.jpg

:mad:

Wow, that German must have a great sense of balance, or the ability to defy physics.

"Look Ma, I can aim perfectly by resting rigidly on my elbows with my legs stuck out behind me in the air!"

Upvote 0
well most of the infantry Ideas that I would like to see have been said allready.

so here's my Tank/AFV ideas

German
Panzer 2 a commen scout tank for the germans 41/43
Panzer 3 H or J(early) a panzer 3 with the 50mm L42 gun. -this allows for 41/early 42 maps.
StuG 3G (basicly adds skirts and MG to the stug) 43/45
Jgpz 4 -a commen tank destroyer durring 44/45
Jgpz 38(t) -again a commen tank destroyer 44/45
PSW 221 (direct counter part to the BA-64) 41/45

Soviet tanks
T-34M41 41/44
KV-1B 41/44
T-26 41
SU-122 42/45
SU-85 mid 43/45
SU-100 45

I also would like to see a third ammo slot become avalible.
examples
Panzer III
APC
APCR
HE

T-34
APBC
APCR (from 43 onwords)
HE

Panzer IV F(1)
APC
HEAT
HE

Panzer IV H
APCBC
HE
APCR (limited to like 5 rounds) or HEAT (again limited as it was unpopuler with tank crews due to it's accuricy)

Upvote 0
Focus on infantry :cool:

All down to the mappers discretion of course but the option of:-

Mostly I'd like to see options giving Molotov Cocktails for rifles, magnetic/AT grenades for assault troopers & AT/Teller mines for Sappers. IRL by about mid 1942 onwards tanks from both sides had a reason to fear infantry close up Maybe also a Bazooka/Panzerschrek class with ammo loader role carrying extra rockets instead of grenades to reload the rocket launcher.

Flamethrowers for trench clearing

More skins would be great as well as more game modes as well. What we have now is very, very good, it can only get better! ;)

Upvote 0
Wow, that German must have a great sense of balance, or the ability to defy physics.

"Look Ma, I can aim perfectly by resting rigidly on my elbows with my legs stuck out behind me in the air!"

It's the bayonet. Made of tritanium, very limited issue. Extremely heavy, it could weigh down a well-built man. Saw limited use as an counter-wieght attachment for Kar98s, allowing such things as balancing on your elbows and stucking out your legs behind you and taking perfectly aimed shots.

Sadly, due to material shortages, it never went into mass production.

Upvote 0
I'm all for smaller infantry maps with more eye-candy like lots of particle effects (smoke, debris just atmospheric stuff in general) and dramatic light/shadow contrasts, kinda like the smaller infantry maps from the mod days but then even more refined graphics-wise. Those big maps with hardly anything other than hills to look at are not exactly RO's strongest asset imo. Some maps we have now have a rather bland look to them, we need more maps at night or at sunset.
With the new bloom system, you should use it to the fullest by making a map that uses the sunlight as a tactical gameplay element, making yourself hard to see because they have to look into the light. Sure you can be a smartass and turn the bloom off, but even so for those players wanting realism it would add a lot to the game to put in another element to take into account during infantry shootouts, in the end moreso than another weapon or an alternative uniform would.

Upvote 0
I'd just like to point out that I already turn the bloom off as it still blurs anything on the horizon out of vision and on snow maps it makes the entire screen go bright white when looking in certain directions. Yes, there's such thing as snow blindness, but not like this there's not.

But by all means, if making maps that have bloom as a gameplay factor gives me an advantage, by all means do so! :p

Upvote 0