• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What do you want to see in the patch after next?

What do you want to see in the patch after next?

• Graphics

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • New Features # 1 (new vehicles, maps, etc)

Votes: 45 30.4%
  • New features # 2 (edit existing features)

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • bug fixes

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • other fixes

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • focus on infantry

Votes: 38 25.7%
  • focus on tanks

Votes: 17 11.5%

• Total voters
Quite a list there Johnny. Some of them seem like great ideas though.

Yes they are! here are some more from me:

Add in the fallowing vehicles:

Germans:

Sdkfz222 scout car: Why in gods name do the Russians get the BA-64 and the Germans get nothing that can match it? this needs to be fixed! BTW there was another version of this vehicle that only had two MG34s so we could use that one. Dual MG34s action anyone?

Panzer2: This tank was used in light combat till the end of the war. We have the Russian T-60, but not the Panzer2? this would be a perfict counter part, IE the model that added the 20mm to the turret. But you get the idea.

Panzer3M: A good later model Panzer3 that did mount Shurtzen and was camoed by the Germans. It would be perfict on those maps that have Panzer4F1s/F2s.

Hanomags: I would like to see these come in more types: IE the one that mounted an MG42 on the front, and a MG34 on the back. I would also like to see these show some camo on them for late war maps like Arad and so on.

Russians:

T-35s: Yes I have finaly caved in! This tank is just too cool to miss out on! Please add this baby in!

T-26: We have a few maps that show locations where this tank should of been in combat and it's never there? We need this tank! It was the main stay of the Russians till the newer T-34/76s came out. It would also help out alot on maps like Hedghog.

KV-2: This was a cool tank. Sure it was a pice of junk, but we have some junky tanks in the game already T-60 any one? So it would only make sense to add this one in. It could be one of it's later versions too so as to match up with the late version KV-1s model we have in game.

More non camo German vehicles!: IE I wan't to see on some maps with non Camo versions of the fallowing: Panzer4F2, Tiger 1, PantherG, Panzer4H, Panzer4G Ie when it's added in that is.......

Cupla MGs on tanks that did mount them for tank commanders on small CA maps like the fallowing: Leningrad, Konigsplatz, Kryukovo, Hedgehog, Rakowice

Germans should use the MG15: for ealry maps and the MG34/MG42: for late maps.

Russians used mainly the Dhsk: for late maps, and the DT-28 for ealry maps.

New Stationary weapons:

Maxim 5.03mm MGs: These were used on all sides during the war. I have seen many live action shots of Russians useing this MG mounted on wheels to deal with enemy troops because it was so reliable. IE just keep cool water runing through the gun and you can shoot till you run out of ammo.

40mm Bofores: These were used on all sides of battle. IE the Allies, and Axis both used the 40mm Bofores in some form. IE it was a cool thing to have in BF1942, so in this agian it is showen on wheels with both the Germans and Russians. it would rock to have these on some infantry maps so we can rip the enemy to shreds ala Saveing Private Ryan.

Anti-infantry aty IE 30mm snap togather mountan weapons: These were used alot on mountian missions. IE the Germans used them to provide light line of sight arty to their infantry units when they were in places that did not have much room for say a big pack 35/40. I wish I had a shot but you see them all the time on TV shows like WW2battle front and the like.

Zis-40: This was the main anti-tank weapon for the late war Russian army. I would think this gun was a no brianer. But it would rock to have it as it could kick so much butt.

Pack40: Agian another famus weapon. IE the current US army field arty is baised on this weapon. Please add this one in too!

Map Ideas:

Infantry maps:
For Infantry maps how about some maps where we do more than just capture objectives. IE the Stalingrad map we have is great fun because we get to blow open doors and the like. But no other map has this. So how about some maps where the Germans have to attack the tank factories that were in Stalingrad and demo the tanks that are inside them. IE with Halftrack support for them and APC support for the Russians. of course there would be a few things the Germans have to do first. But you get the idea.

Tank maps:
Say the tank commander is currently in the IS2/Tiger you as the other team never find this out. Why? because you have no reason to know. So my idea is that the tank that has the commander in it should fly the flag of their team IE Russian or German and the tank crew that kills him not only gest 3 points each crew member for the kill, but the team that lost their tank commander has to do without him for 12 seconds longer than if he just got shot out side of the tank. This way there is some point to tank crews working togather. IE both sides have to defend their tank commanders, as well as attack objectives.

It means that if the Tank commander calls for backup you best get out there!

Weapons that need to be added:

Panzerschreck: This weapon is so inconic of the Germans in WW2 it's not even funny. I know the devs siad they will not add it but dag nabit! We need it! if done the way they did it in the INS mod for HL-2 it would not be over powering at all. IE 8 second reload, and a long aim time and it would work well for dealing with tanks. BTW MOH:AA modeled these right IE they only had a range of about 30/40 feet before the rocket would start to go off course.

RPG1: A late war weapon for sure, but it was used in both Berlin, and some other parts of Germany by Russian AT crews. It was basicly a copy of the German Panzerfaust.

PTRS-41: This would make a perfict side option for Russian AT riflemen. IE it was semi-automatic and still shot the same ammo that the PTRD-41 we have in game dose. Please add this in! We need another AT weapon for the Russians!

MP28: This was a SMG that was used by both the Japanese, and the Germans in combat. IE it was not as common as say the MP40, but man it was used in combat. As the TWI devs said they are pushing to include all forms of weapons that were used in combat. So why not this one? It would be a nice change from the MP40s/41s we have in game.

C-96: Only the devs know why this weapon was taken out of the game. But man I and many fans wan't it back! it was a cool looking, and fun to use gun. BTW I would not recomend the full-auto one in DOD:S as that was only made in WW1, and did not see service in WW2.

Nagant M.1895: This was a cool weapon that was never officaly in the mod. It was in many games like COD:UO and a few others. Please add this pistol into RO! The Germans have two weapons for hand guns, but the Russians only get one? come on TWI give the fans what they wan't. BTW only the Duble Action model was used in the Red Army.

Weapons missing things that need hem:

G41: This weapon needs it's beyonet! It would be its defineing difference from the G43 we have in game now for the Germans.

Skins and other things:

Weapons: I would like to see the weapon skins mucked up a bit. Why you may ask? yes these are combat weapons, yes we are always fresh troops on the front. But darnit it would be cool to see some whare and tear on the weapons we use in combat.

Also to help make the Sniper rifles stand out a bit more how about some of that cloth wraped around them? IE COD2 had this and it was sweet, that the Russian sniper rifle had this cool cloth on it. It realy made it stand out as a weapon on the battle field.

Another thing I would like to see is some maps that have mud, and grime on them as well. IE all the maps we have all look pristene and clean, other than the toliets. This would just add to the game as it would make the maps we run around in that much more real.

tank combat:

So next patch we finaly get real reloading of tank shells? cool! So lets take it another step farther in that direction:

So if I'm a tank commander in a tank I should be able to call in arty from my tank right? I mean what the heck is the use for those binoculars if I can't call in arty from my tanks radio? I mean it was standard on all German tanks at the start of the war, and was also Standard on Russian tanks by the time the game takes place.

Please remove the option to not use incramental throttle. I know this was there for noobs, but darnit I don't know any tank that can get up and go from WW2 like the ones in RO can. Plus if your not useing it this way your at a huge disadvantage ingame. IE the players without the incramental throttle can own you big time. It makes tanks more realistic and makes vehicle combat way more intense than it currently is. IE tank maps become a life or death game of cat and mouse. IE if your being flanked you have to make your move or your stuck out there in the open as your engine revs up to full speed. I know many taurnament players who use Mutators that turn this off and they say it adds alot to the vehicle combat in the game.

Upvote 0
more suggestions:

some modification of existed map , adding tanks to Infantry maps...remove tanks from tanks map, map extansion....someting like that.

T-35 should be added, imagine 6 players riding a tank and shooting to all directions at the same time!:cool:
t35_19.jpg

Upvote 0
Sounds like good fun!!!

Do the Germans have an equivalent tank ?

No they had some thing like it on the drawing boards, but thats all. IE the closest thing they have is the sturm Tiger. IE a Tiger tank that shoots 105mm rockets instead of shells. BTW it had the armor of a KT and could kill anything in one shot.

But it never was completed or used in combat.

The US had the T-62 model tank with a full on Navy Arty cannon on the front. IE take a Stug make it huge! about the size of a KT, and then make it have a US Navy cannon on it that shoots 120mm shells at the enemy for miles away. IE we had it in BF1942:SW it was killer fun!

Upvote 0

Sounds like good fun!!!

Do the Germans have an equivalent tank ?
I'd like to see early war tanks rather than late war heavies, because they were wierd and wonderful. And ultimately useless.:D

THe Germans had 2 multi-turret designs in development, but none ever fought on the East Front.
The Germans had the Grosstraktor series.
I think Grosstraktor I & II only went as far as the prototype stage, and Grosstraktor III got to take part in some training exercises / maneuvers. Grosstraktors did go to Russia, but in '30s as part of a defence design pact.
You can see the twin turret clearly on the Grosstraktor I on the left
gross_6.jpg
gr2rh.jpg

I think that's a second turret at the rear of the Grosstraktor III.
gr3k.jpg

There were also the Neubaufahzeug tanks, with 1 main turret and two Panzer I turrets.
They went to Norway and never left, but were scrapped there in '45.
The picture with 3 of them is taken in Oslo.
neu_10.jpg
neuv.jpg

Upvote 0
Mantling and hopping over obstacles. RO already has the most fluent movement of all multiplayer fps' there are, so let's add that and it's even better.

Near obstable + forward + hold jump = climb ontop of it

Near obstacle + sprint forward + hold jump = mantle over it and resume sprinting (ala CoD2).

See video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...l=1&start=0&num=20&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

If the obstacle is crotch-height or higher, your character should let his right hand go off the weapon to place it on the obstacle, showing a nice animation.

That's the only thing I think RO still really needs. Fluent and flexible movement is very rare in FPS gaming, but RO nails it. So pleeeeaase add mantling :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another infantry improvement

Has anybody here played the MOH: Airborne demo recently ? If you press and hold the ironsight button you can also go into a sort of cover mode where if you press and hold down while standing you move in a on the fly duck position, same when crouched but move much lower down as if your in a prone, if you let go of the down button you pop up quickly and get a chance to take pot shots at the enemies. I find that this feature works quite well in MOH: A so I was thinking if the same could be applied to RO: O replacing the move freely very slowly with ironsights ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gunwing said:
SeeLow Heights: This was a major battle on the outskerts of Russia just before they pushed the Germans back into Germany.
wrong, Seelow was on german soil and still is today! Between Russia and Germany lies Poland. Pay attention at geography in school.
Gunwing said:
But it never was completed or used in combat.
wrong again. between 16 and 18 Sturmtiger or Sturmm

Upvote 0
I really want to see the Mauser C-96 and Nagant Revolver.

Separating the Stgs and MP40 into two classes would be a good idea too, the MP40 was used widely all throughout the war way more so than the Stg

A BMW motorcycle for the germans, I saw a user made one a while ago and then it just disappeared. ???

LESS G41s and MP41s, I think only the squad leaders on early-mid war maps should be able to pick these weapons. It is just not right seeing 5 semis with G41s on some maps

The Russian PTRS, semi auto PTRD!

Later model Stug (G or H?) with the side skirts and mg

Fix the sounds for the G43 and STG, the STG is a little too quiet, and the G43 just sounds like crap.

Somebody mentioned being able to see the rim of your characters helmet (if your class is wearing one) I think that would be really cool. But I understand the Russians didnt always like wearing helmets for one reason or another.

Upvote 0
I really want to see the Mauser C-96 and Nagant Revolver.

Somebody mentioned being able to see the rim of your characters helmet (if your class is wearing one) I think that would be really cool. But I understand the Russians didnt always like wearing helmets for one reason or another.

It was me :D

Mauser C96 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Mantling and hopping over obstacles. RO already has the most fluent movement of all multiplayer fps' there are, so let's add that and it's even better.

Near obstable + forward + hold jump = climb ontop of it

Near obstacle + sprint forward + hold jump = mantle over it and resume sprinting (ala CoD2).

See video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...l=1&start=0&num=20&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

If the obstacle is crotch-height or higher, your character should let his right hand go off the weapon to place it on the obstacle, showing a nice animation.

That's the only thing I think RO still really needs. Fluent and flexible movement is very rare in FPS gaming, but RO nails it. So pleeeeaase add mantling :D

Now thats an idea! IT would add so much to the game! IE we could only go where we could realisticly get too. None of this jump on the boxes crap, or run up them we have now. IE we should have to actuly climb up there takeing the time to do it right, and takeing the risk of getting shot as we do it.

Also for the ladders that are now in the game we need a real animation for them. IE I would like to see my avitar look up then start climbing but with a cool head bob that matches the way his hands are moveing. Ala games like BF2142 where you climb up the ladder and his hands can be seen sholdering his gun, then him climbing the ladder. of course it would have to have a therd person animation to match, and a first person one too so as not too look totaly stupid ala COD2/3/UO where you magicly float up the ladder.

Also another thing that could be done is limit how many nades you can toss in a few seconds. IE also add a head bob animation to it to help deter spaming ala BF2142. In that game it's cool tossing nades but the head of your avitar moves in motion with the hands so if you toss one you head will bob out of the way of your arm so you don't hit your face. Also you can only toss one nade every 1/2 second. Unlike in ROOST where in 1 second you can toss all 3 nades almost in an instant.

One more thing that can be done is that when you take a shot from a bullet we need to hear the shot land on you. Ala Medal of Honor. IE you knew you got shot in that game because you could hear the bullets tear into your flesh.

As for tanks we need the fallowing done to make infantry fear these beasts of metal!:

IE any kind of tracked vehicle APC/Halftrack/Tank should shake my screen if it passes me within a few feet of my avitar. IE it's great that in games like COD3 you could walk up to a tank and you new to give it a wide berth and could tell it was on top of you because the screen would start to shake. Also this needs to be done for Tankers as well. IE the moment the thing starts moveing the screen should bob a tiny bit to give the impression that the tank is something to be feard!

Another thing that needs to be done is if a tank cannon fires and your only a few feet away you should not only take some damage, but also your screen should blur and some of the color should be taken away. All this would make players think twice before blindly chargeing a Panther/Tiger tank, or an IS2 with a satchel from the front.

Last but not least we need to hear tanks long before we see them. IE these things are loud! and can be heard for miles in real life. We should be able to hear these things move and the drivers should not be able to hear much of anything other than bullets pin off the armor of the tank, or a tank cannon go off near by.

Upvote 0