• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What do you think we'll get in the first content patch?

[CoFR]BeerHunter said:
On second thought , one thing that would be nice IMO to see implimented would be Radio Operator class. After all , they did have mobile radio's during WWII even if they were big and cumbersome by todays standards.

This class could follow the battle and be available to call in artillery strikes from the front rather than having to run around looking for a radio.

And , if no one selects this class then that team is simply SOL as far as calling in strikes.

Just a thought.

This is somthing (radio operators) I've always thought would be a good idea and would great if it could be implimented into the game.

Upvote 0
DraKon2k said:
No, because it is about new content, in other word new uniforms, maps, weapons, vehicles etc. and not about tweaks.

Well that was kind of my point.

No sense in adding new vehicles if the current ones are behaving unrealistically and arcadish. And we can live without additonal weapons, already enough as is. Uniforms and other cosmetic changes are secondary to the core gameplay.

It's about priorities: fix the armor system and other problems first, THEN worry about what uniforms you can add and so forth.

Upvote 0
Grobut said:
Wha.. nobody else thinks the MP-41 will make a return? :p

Why the interest in the MP41? Is it not just an MP40 with a fixed wooden stock? What does that get you, a more powerful buttstroke attack?

I think the Nagant and C96 would be a nice addition, but vehicles and maps would definitely make more sense and would provide for more gameplay. Another small thing that is not really a bug but is annoying to me is that you have to decock and recock the p38 and tokarev when sprinting. I'd rather have you just cock it when you switch to it from a different weapon, and then it stays cocked. The current system feels too 'CS' to me, in that it has unneeded animations that seem to be there to look cool. To balance things you could also require the safety to be flipped off for the luger when you draw it.

Upvote 0
Kurtz said:
Why the interest in the MP41? Is it not just an MP40 with a fixed wooden stock? What does that get you, a more powerful buttstroke attack?

I think the Nagant and C96 would be a nice addition, but vehicles and maps would definitely make more sense and would provide for more gameplay. Another small thing that is not really a bug but is annoying to me is that you have to decock and recock the p38 and tokarev when sprinting. I'd rather have you just cock it when you switch to it from a different weapon, and then it stays cocked. The current system feels too 'CS' to me, in that it has unneeded animations that seem to be there to look cool. To balance things you could also require the safety to be flipped off for the luger when you draw it.

Well I doubt you would want to shoot yourself in the leg while running.

Upvote 0
Mauser98k said:
Well I doubt you would want to shoot yourself in the leg while running.
It's very inconsistent between the weapons though. So it's ok to run around with a luger with the safety off, but it's not ok to run with a p38 cocked? One is just as easy to inadvertently fire as the other. In reality you'd just keep your finger out of the trigger guard until you're ready to fire, but you can't show that easily in a game.

Upvote 0
[1.GJgr] Hptmn. Kraatz said:
Keep it in front of you and kill it from a distance and you will be fine, nothing wrong with that tank.

The T60 had its production stopped in 1942, and was replaced by the T70. Because its armour and 20mm main gun were considered underpowered.
The tank we see in RO appears to be much more effective than its real world counterpart.

Upvote 0
Kurtz said:

I think it gave you better control and less percieved muzzle recoil. i.e. more accurate. And it had lower rate of fire.

IOW it was to the MP44 what the PPD40 was to the PPSH.

There is a reason why many people prefer the PPD40 over the PPSH online. The MP41 was also more forgiving like the PPD40.

Upvote 0