• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What do you think we'll get in the first content patch?

The only way I've found to beat the t60 is to angle your tank and hear the annoying PLINK PLINK PLINK and most likely it will knock out your tracks and then flank you...o well.

I would like to see more CA maps based in a city and better quality faces for the germans. X-hair would be a great addition, I can't believe they forgot to add this in when they released the game.

Upvote 0
there will e dramatical changes. From now on soldiers move 2 times as fast, run and gun will eb rewarded. Ramboing will also be rewarded. Tanks will change so 1 person can drive , shoot mg and gun at the same time. Ow and last but not least all cover willl be removed , so the run and gunners wont get stuck:)

Upvote 0
Duiveltje said:
there will e dramatical changes. From now on soldiers move 2 times as fast, run and gun will eb rewarded. Ramboing will also be rewarded. Tanks will change so 1 person can drive , shoot mg and gun at the same time. Ow and last but not least all cover willl be removed , so the run and gunners wont get stuck:)

I wouldn't put it past some of these jokers to release doubled run speed and infinite stamina as a 'content patch' as joke one day :p

Upvote 0
There was a para drop map for the Summer Offensive map pack during the mod days. Wasn't that great though, people landed too sporadically and you usually were shot dead the second you touched ground.

I can live without tons of new maps, or even German camo and related items, I think they just need to fix the serious issues with the tanks to make them on par with the infantry combat. As of now, the tanks are holding the game back and are probably the largest source of criticism.

- Get rid of the "glowing" yellow pain jobs on German tanks, especially since most are all later war maps where green brown camo patterns would be employed.

- Don't make the engine smoke or flame when you get hit in an unrelated area (e.g. turet mantlet hit, engine smokes, wtf). Esp. for the SU-76, flaming crew compartment looks silly.

- Fix the pentration algorithms to take into account shot diameter to plate ratio, the "gripping" effect of blunt-nosed APCBC on inclined armor, and anything else to stop ridiculous richocheting.

- On the same note, I hope they fix ridiculous over penetraing of other weapons, like the PTRD and 20mm.

- I know that the current hitpoints system will probably stay in, but at least take into account the "15% rule" so partial penetrations are possible that don't put you down to Yellow or Red "health" just because they barely succeeded in penetrating the plate.

This is what I think needs to be done in the patch to make the tanks full proof. Ideally, it would be great if they could also squeeze in:

- Crew wounding and death while buttoned

- Knocked out tanks as oppossed to just blowing up tanks. I.e. when all crew members are dead, barrel droops which signals the tank is done for. The model will disappear in the same way that it currently does if you kill the sole unbuttoned crew member of a tank now.

- Damaged optics modeling, gun damage modeling, and vision block damage.

- Different ammo types. Russians should have APCR ammo types as well. Would be neat to see canister rounds too for dealing with infantry at close range.

EDIT: And also, alllow for manual tank reloading to facilitate choosing ammo type in between shots like would be done by a real tank commander.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see flyable aircraft , useable artillery and AA equipment , battleships of shore dumping loads of HE explosive on the beaches and .. oh..wait..think that's been done before..... :mad::p:rolleyes::D

Actually I like the game just the way it is and as far as I'm concerned any additional content would be just be icing on the cake..though the anti tank cannons that are strewn about would be nice if they were useable.

On second thought , one thing that would be nice IMO to see implimented would be Radio Operator class. After all , they did have mobile radio's during WWII even if they were big and cumbersome by todays standards.

This class could follow the battle and be available to call in artillery strikes from the front rather than having to run around looking for a radio.

And , if no one selects this class then that team is simply SOL as far as calling in strikes.

Just a thought.

Upvote 0
Jack said:
There was a para drop map for the Summer Offensive map pack during the mod days. Wasn't that great though, people landed too sporadically and you usually were shot dead the second you touched ground.

I can live without tons of new maps, or even German camo and related items, I think they just need to fix the serious issues with the tanks to make them on par with the infantry combat. As of now, the tanks are holding the game back and are probably the largest source of criticism.

- Get rid of the "glowing" yellow pain jobs on German tanks, especially since most are all later war maps where green brown camo patterns would be employed.

- Don't make the engine smoke or flame when you get hit in an unrelated area (e.g. turet mantlet hit, engine smokes, wtf). Esp. for the SU-76, flaming crew compartment looks silly.

- Fix the pentration algorithms to take into account shot diameter to plate ratio, the "gripping" effect of blunt-nosed APCBC on inclined armor, and anything else to stop ridiculous richocheting.

- On the same note, I hope they fix ridiculous over penetraing of other weapons, like the PTRD and 20mm.

- I know that the current hitpoints system will probably stay in, but at least take into account the "15% rule" so partial penetrations are possible that don't put you down to Yellow or Red "health" just because they barely succeeded in penetrating the plate.

This is what I think needs to be done in the patch to make the tanks full proof. Ideally, it would be great if they could also squeeze in:

- Crew wounding and death while buttoned

- Knocked out tanks as oppossed to just blowing up tanks. I.e. when all crew members are dead, barrel droops which signals the tank is done for. The model will disappear in the same way that it currently does if you kill the sole unbuttoned crew member of a tank now.

- Damaged optics modeling, gun damage modeling, and vision block damage.

- Different ammo types. Russians should have APCR ammo types as well. Would be neat to see canister rounds too for dealing with infantry at close range.

EDIT: And also, alllow for manual tank reloading to facilitate choosing ammo type in between shots like would be done by a real tank commander.

It's about new Content, not bugfixes ...

Upvote 0