• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

what do you think about the word "respect"?

ok, so you guys say that respect is important. but why?

lets say... I'm going to weld a huge structure, and my boss orders me to do my work like "this this and that". if I had respect for this guy, I will heard on him to the letter and made the structure. but I am always sceptical to what he says(which is dissrespectfull), and will look at the thing as a whole and then usually come up with better Ideas how it should be made better/stronger/faster. but ofc if I was like everyone else and heard on my boss to the letter, the job I do would usually end up with worse quality.

JcAcw.gif

Upvote 0
I know what respect is.

its an emotion/feelin just like hate, trust, happiness etc etc.

put this straight. I am thinking logically and about consequenses before I ask my respect for making my desision. (it's a really fine line here)

a normal person would sometimes listen to a person "blindly" only because you respect that person.

But ansver me this, "is someone here 100% what date their birthday is?"

Upvote 0
I know what respect is.
its an emotion/feelin just like hate, trust, happiness etc etc.

No. it's not.
Respect is an attitude, an orientation towards others.

One can respect a person at the same time as disagreeing with them. Your example of not blindly following your boss does not demonstrate that you lack of respect, per.se. What would be disrespectful would be to dismiss your bosses' ideas out-of-hand before considering whether or not the ideas were good.

You respect your boss by giving him/her the chance to adequately convey their instructions/ ideas and you respond in the following way
1. Think carefully about what they have said
2. seek clarification where you think the idea has weaknesses
3. be honest about your concerns
4. listen carefully to any justifications your boss might offer
5. convey in a polite and considerate way any further objections, with good evidence and argument, ready all of the time to withdraw your objections should your boss have good reason to over-ride or allay those concerns.

Upvote 0
ok, so you guys say that respect is important. but why?

lets say... I'm going to weld a huge structure, and my boss orders me to do my work like "this this and that". if I had respect for this guy, I will heard on him to the letter and made the structure. but I am always sceptical to what he says(which is dissrespectfull), and will look at the thing as a whole and then usually come up with better Ideas how it should be made better/stronger/faster. but ofc if I was like everyone else and heard on my boss to the letter, the job I do would usually end up with worse quality.

You seem to be confusing "respect" with "submissiveness". I recommend you look up the word in a good dictionary, and then report back.

Upvote 0