• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What do you classify as "Winning the game"?

I was talking to another player (and forum goer) the o5thdr night on Ice Cave, where he/she seemed disappointed that we lost to Pat. I asked why, and the player said that they liked to win.

Now, for me, winning is finishing wave 10. After that, it doesn't really matter. I just tend to derp on Patty wave as a Medic with the M14 and Poop gun. Sure, if someone wants an achievement, I'll play properly; but if it is a map that everyone has beaten, or if the players don't care, I just muck around and fail at M14 locking the Pat.

So what about you guys? What do you classify as "winning" the game, and are you super serious on Pat wave, or do you just like to muck around?

Seeing the "Your squad survived" message.

wat

I prefer the "Your squad was wiped out" message, but each to their own.

You don't need any weapon to lock the Pat (so long as you can hold his attention), and any can do the job. That's why I go Medic, so I have the speed to lock the Pat while using a weapon (I don't mind the AA-12, CSG, Hunting, Husk or M32 locks either).

Upvote 0
Seeing the "Your squad survived" message.
I agree. I classify this as 'winning the game'. Even though I consider the great majority of achievement to be passing wave 10.

Nothing wrong with having fun in games though, it's not like too much is at stake, even if people are after the achievement, they can always try again another day.

Using the Seeker Six and M32, successfully pulling out massive damage with the two weapons, and insta-kill the Patty with the Seeker Six. It never gets old to see nub jaws drop to the ground after they pound their chests saying "SEEKER SIX SUX" then proving them wrong.
Vids or didn't happen.

Upvote 0
Come on now, we all now that there is only one kind of

Winning-Marketing-Attitudes-Charlie-Sheen-Winning2-220x300.jpg

Upvote 0
Killing pat and then suiciding is what I consider "winning," although playing any fun game is really winning.

I mean, who wants to have fun, screw that, killing pat and getting chieves is the only thing that matters!1!!1!eleven!!!

I've suicided like 4-5 times at Hospital Horrors and have not gotten the achievement yet. `~`

Last edited:
Upvote 0