• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design What could it be?

When can I expect a exact cancellation date ;)
Might as well be right now. I'm joking, honestly though, if I had the time to do this I would. I have phases, I go from putting all my energy and time into this to, meh I'll work on it after work and school... Recently though stuff has been getting done, I'm just trying to do the best I can before the release of KF2.
I'll show what I've worked on:

nZCzXWl.jpg

jfcQP44.jpg

Also, here's some audio you'll be hearing in the map: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1V9hSKVP8cD

I used an emitter to randomly emit pieces of high quality thunder recordings, done by TheRecordist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks, I'm kind of aiming to re-write KF's story in a more grim dark setting, I'm not too sure, I do know what I'm going to do for the map though, I aim to get an objective mode out maybe with voice acting and then a wave based title. I'll see how it goes.

Well if you need a hand with testing/ideas, let me know. Seems like you got what it needs to make the map, it's just actually doing it.

Upvote 0
Recently though stuff has been getting done, I'm just trying to do the best I can before the release of KF2.
Then re-remake KFMod story mode, i played it the other day and found out it doesnt have a endding :mad:
You also had 3 other cancelled mission maps:
KF-Training
KFS-BioticsLab-Objectives
KF-Outskirts
You should port them to Objective, currently all we have are a very small amout of decent maps and too many survival maps.
Unlike back then, im sure there are multiple people out here who would help you out.

Edit: I am also available for testing, i have helped Fel with his objective maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Then re-remake KFMod story mode, i played it the other day and found out it doesnt have a endding :mad:
You also had 3 other cancelled mission maps:
KF-Training
KFS-BioticsLab-Objectives
KF-Outskirts
You should port them to Objective, currently all we have are a very small amout of decent maps and too many survival maps.
Unlike back then, im sure there are multiple people out here who would help you out.

Edit: I am also available for testing, i have helped Fel with his objective maps.

Sounds like a project, I think I will work on those this summer. KF-Outskirts is actually the map in this thread that you are seeing, you'll see it at the top of the level editor: FDB-Outskirts2.rom

Also DMN666 you've been motivating and supporting the heck out of my recently, that's for all of this man!

Upvote 0
I have a ****ty *** satellite for internet so if you don't port over objective story mode I might.... Im bored as ****. Cool map concept so far dude. Looks wicked.

I'll definitely be making this into a mission/objective map, it's going to be an exciting job as I've never made one before.

Also you may not be hearing from me for a bit guys, because afterprom is from this friday til sunday so im going to be at my friends cottage having some fun. Also school and work have taken over my life atm, I will try to get some done will I'm at the cottage or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey guys it's been a while, I'm almost done my exams and the summer break is almost! Except to here from me within a week or so.
The fact someone's actually making something with real effort put into it makes me want to release these two maps I was working on for a long time a while back but never got around to releasing a final...
Like this one.

Upvote 0
The fact someone's actually making something with real effort put into it makes me want to release these two maps I was working on for a long time a while back but never got around to releasing a final...
Like this one.

That looks trippy as ****, man you should finish that up, I would love to play that with you or some friends. :)

Upvote 0
That looks trippy as ****, man you should finish that up, I would love to play that with you or some friends. :)
It was so much fun to make too. I was actually listening to this music while making it. Just an all around good time.
I thought you said a map?
Well, yeah.

Just a couple of things I noticed... You're using terrain info primarily for the ground, it looks like. You might want to make your own custom collision for it as hitboxes on 'solid' volumes/BSP can be different from those on terrain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dont hijack threads with sexy looking maps.
Batty's map looks like it would appeal to a lot more people than mine. That's not to say I didn't put the same amount effort into mine, however - maybe just effort spent in some questionable ways.

I love trippy looking maps, hell isnt that what the workshop maps look like anyways? Should finish it when you have the time.
Most of the stuff on the workshop recently has just been exact copies of old maps, really quickly made maps (and/or ugly) or ports. Really doubt any of my maps (apart from the WestlondonWinter map I put up) will end up on there...

Upvote 0
Okay guys I do admit I've been slacking a bit on this, I've mainly been working non-stop, playing guitar, going out with friends drinking and getting high, etc... I'm not sure when I'll find the time to work on this, hopefully I'll find some in the near future so peace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osMSoXl__58
You better finish this map.

Upvote 0