• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What comes after the winter update?

N6 Nomad

Dec 12, 2021
Hey community,

Tripwire promised with the second armory pass to make new content til this winter. Has anyone a clue what will happen after that? Will we just get more of the usual updates? Will we get an announcement of another Killing Floor game? Or will we get something else like an end or break of this franchise? Let me know what your thoughts are ;)

Tripwire hasn't declared anything yet. Usually they do so at the very end of the year... or the very beginning of the next. Then we'll know if we can expect more for KF2, or a shift towards other games.

To be fair, I already though they would call it a wrap by the end of 2020. Then we got two more years of content. So who knows really?

Upvote 0
Personally, I hope they shift their focus on balancing with very little content additions since the game already has far more content than Unreal Engine 3 can handle. Berserker's Tier 2 weapons are in a rather weird position since an upgraded Crovel beats both the Katana and Fire Axe, and the VLAD is competing against a real world money purchase.

The 1911 Pistol also feels like a relic of the game's Early Access period, and I actually wonder if the single pistol should be cross-perked with Commando, so as to give up on balancing it around Gunslinger usage. Yes, I know Commando is the assault rifle class in KF, though the 1911 has the reputation of being the OG commando weapon well before video games even existed.

Upvote 0
Personally, I hope they shift their focus on balancing with very little content additions since the game already has far more content than Unreal Engine 3 can handle. Berserker's Tier 2 weapons are in a rather weird position since an upgraded Crovel beats both the Katana and Fire Axe, and the VLAD is competing against a real world money purchase.

The 1911 Pistol also feels like a relic of the game's Early Access period, and I actually wonder if the single pistol should be cross-perked with Commando, so as to give up on balancing it around Gunslinger usage. Yes, I know Commando is the assault rifle class in KF, though the 1911 has the reputation of being the OG commando weapon well before video games even existed.
I mean, the humble 1911 is indeed an absolute icon. But wasn't it the standard issued pistol for a large amount of those 100+ years of existence? I wouldn't associate it with Commandos specifically. It's more of the poster child for American weaponry in my mind.

This being said, I wouldn't mind it becoming a Commando sidearm at that point, especially if it works with "Fallback". I believe the Sharpshooter would also be a great candidate.

Other than that, I'd say the 1911 was always outshined by the deagle, which is barely more expensive. I wouldn't compare it to the Winterbite, despite the similar prize-range : it's still very much a revolver and behaves like one.

It's yet another example of a gun that's perfectly fine, but not good enough to compete with other, even better options.

... Totally on-board with a final wave of updates that adds very little, but try to balance a LOT of stuff ! If anything, that would make for a wonderful send-off.

Upvote 0
This being said, I wouldn't mind it becoming a Commando sidearm at that point, especially if it works with "Fallback". I believe the Sharpshooter would also be a great candidate.
I don't think it'd be a good idea for it to be compatible with Fallback. I think it'd make more sense to benefit from standard Commando skills, so as to have a 12-round 77 damage weapon via passive level-up damage bonus, High Capacity Magazines, and Hollow Point Rounds. Either way, I think the Single 1911 gets cross-perk weapon and TWI/Saber just gives up on balancing the dual pistols

In comparison...
an upgraded Medic Pistol weighs only one block, has 15 rounds, and deals JUST enough damage to decapitate a Gorefast as your first bullet towards a Rack 'em Up stack
As Aleflippy mentioned, the price increase between 1911 and deagle isn't that much higher
Centerfire is probably the Gunslinger's best medium zed killer, and has some utility against large zeds for players that can consistently maintain a full Rack 'em Up stack
Dual Spitfires are just way too fun to use (esp. with Tactical Reload), and my personal experience has me thinking that ground fires scale insanely well with ReU
If you're particularly confident with your ability to line up multi-kills, the singular .500 Magnum can delete whole lines of trash

Upvote 0
I don't think it'd be a good idea for it to be compatible with Fallback. I think it'd make more sense to benefit from standard Commando skills, so as to have a 12-round 77 damage weapon via passive level-up damage bonus, High Capacity Magazines, and Hollow Point Rounds. Either way, I think the Single 1911 gets cross-perk weapon and TWI/Saber just gives up on balancing the dual pistols

In comparison...
an upgraded Medic Pistol weighs only one block, has 15 rounds, and deals JUST enough damage to decapitate a Gorefast as your first bullet towards a Rack 'em Up stack
As Aleflippy mentioned, the price increase between 1911 and deagle isn't that much higher
Centerfire is probably the Gunslinger's best medium zed killer, and has some utility against large zeds for players that can consistently maintain a full Rack 'em Up stack
Dual Spitfires are just way too fun to use (esp. with Tactical Reload), and my personal experience has me thinking that ground fires scale insanely well with ReU
If you're particularly confident with your ability to line up multi-kills, the singular .500 Magnum can delete whole lines of trash
My point was to make "Fallback" a tad more attractive, considering nobody ever picks the skill past the first two waves (to save on ammo). But that's fine if you don't want to remove "Impact Rounds" from your list !

And very good point, I forgot to mention the Centerfire (when it's actually my main weapon of choice as a GS... whoops). It's insane how efficient that gun is, there's almost no reason to pick up any other weapon except for a faster RoF.

Upvote 0
My point was to make "Fallback" a tad more attractive, considering nobody ever picks the skill past the first two waves (to save on ammo).
Some guns have no real reason to use Impact Rounds (it's overkill on 401 and FAL's takedowns are arguably better since you can just let the recoil do the work for you).

That being said, most of my time is spent with AK+SCAR so Impact Rounds is generally on for me...

all the stuff above about the 1911
What's the problem with the 1911?

It's not competing with the Deagles or anything else like that, it's competing with the HMTech-101 and the 1858s as trash-killer weapons.

The 101 is worse against basically anything above Gorefasts and has a worse rate of fire-to-damage, so its effective DPS is worse.

It's a better alternative than the 1858s because single-reload time is better compared to the 1858's slow reloads, and where akimbos are concerned, you can do the same thing with deagles where you run them dry and instantly reload 14 shots to spam with again.

They have enough pen to kill the odd double-crawler packs and the like and that's really all they need.

And no, Commando doesn't need a 1911 with all boosts except Fallback for some reason applied. Ugh.

Dual Spitfires (on Gunslinger)
lol

lmao, even

Upvote 0