• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What car do you drive?

Tough call.
FYI, here's one up on ebay: [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320834214167+&viewitem[/URL]=

I'm not necessarily a '67 Mustang nor a Mercury Cyclone fan....

Though I'd probably lean toward the Mustang (I'm an ex '69 Camaro owner) I still think I'd go with the one that is closest to stock (matching numbers, etc.). Like you say, you see Mustangs all the time. Mercury Cyclones not so much....

But then again, a tricked out 351Windsor vs 2bbl 351Cleveland........Aw hell....buy the Mustang but keep the Cyclone. Drive the Mustang while you fix up the Cyclone. :p Otherwise buy the Mustang and relive my youth for me.......:cool:

Upvote 0
I am so jealous of all of you US guys :/ You drive so badass cars. While we the EU fags drive only crap with small engines. (even I am driving russian piece of **** except the eu crap, idk if theres another user driving one but..)

Most guys get their hard ons with noisy, wasteful engines to wave their pricks around the road like rednecks. Even with the small cars and engines, there are still way to many jackasses driving in the EU as it is.

I personally prefer efficiency, safety, silence, and a comfortable smooth driving experience, and maybe I'm just weird, but since the market is moving in this direction, I guess I am not the weird one.

Upvote 0
Me and my car.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Most guys get their hard ons with noisy, wasteful engines to wave their pricks around the road like rednecks. Even with the small cars and engines, there are still way to many jackasses driving in the EU as it is.

I personally prefer efficiency, safety, silence, and a comfortable smooth driving experience, and maybe I'm just weird, but since the market is moving in this direction, I guess I am not the weird one.
Don't forget the gunracks we are required to have in the back windshield of our tricked-out pickup trucks. He who totes the biggest iron has the biggest dick..... right?

Stereotype much do you, Federov? Jelly perhaps? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Don't forget the gunracks we are required to have in the back windshield of our tricked-out pickup trucks. He who totes the biggest iron has the biggest dick..... right?

Stereotype much do you, Federov? Jelly perhaps? :rolleyes:

Not really a stereotype. I just tell what I see every day on the road.

And if I wanted a noisy inefficient piece of crap I would not have bought a silent and efficient one 6 months ago. I don't know what to be jelly about.

Upvote 0

What kind of world do you live in? Do you honestly think this is all we drive? These cars are for fun man. They are toys. If gas weren't becoming a scarce (but mainly expensive) commodity more people would still have "inefficient" toys like these to play with.

My personnel daily driver is a turbocharged 4 cylinder that has delivered me up to 42 MPG on the highway. While I find it fun to drive it doesn't have the same soul as a classic car you can ticker, and build yourself. Half the fun is knowing you put the engine that's rumbling under the hood together.

You may think it's just for show, and maybe for some it is, but it's not for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A '93 Toyota Corolla liftback.

Not the funnest thing to drive but completely indestructible.

My first car was a '92 Honda Civic hatchback, it took all the abuse i threw at it, and never even once did it let me down. All those cold starts (-20C and down), idiotic driving(especially in the winter:p) yet somehow not single mechanical failure.

Upvote 0
My first car was a '92 Honda Civic hatchback, it took all the abuse i threw at it, and never even once did it let me down. All those cold starts (-20C and down), idiotic driving(especially in the winter:p) yet somehow not single mechanical failure.

:D Thats my first car too !!

Red Honda Civic CX

Most reliable car I ever owned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is difficult

It is difficult

Driving with webbed hands,,but Thetoad,manages to get around in a 2006 Subaru Legacy Spec B,#18,of 500 Made...

P.S.What a day,crashed my 450 storm platinum helicopter,on the day it came,,,& I learned how to make a friend,,for me,on a computer,,,THATS BIG,,,,,,,,

Wish I could post a photo of it,,,,,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not my car, but I figured I'd post a few photos, and tell a short story about a car that belonged to my Dad.

First the car.
"> "> ">

This is a 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1. It came with the Drag Pak option package. So it had a 428 Super Cobra jet, a 3.91 geared 9 inch limited slip rear end, an external oil cooler, staggered rear shocks, and a few other drag racing goodies. This one also had a 4 speed top loader manual. Today it is for sale for $80,000 at a classic car dealership.

My father owned, and restored this car in the late 1980's. He painted it, he built the engine. He even replaced the shock towers as the originals had been cut for side exiting drag headers.

He sold the car in 1992. He lost track of it shortly after that when it left the state. He figured he'd never see it again, but the other day he was browsing eBay for parts to restore his current 428 CJ Mach 1 and happened upon an auction. He started looking at it and realized it was this car! It's out of his price range, but since it was only 15 miles from his house he decided to go take a look.

It's pretty much the same as it was when he sold it. The paint was the paint he applied. The engine was just as it was when he dropped it in. Only the seats had been reupholstered. He left it there, but it still has his restoration work on it after all these years. He saved it from going to the crusher more than 25 years ago, and now it's $80,000.

So there you have it. Although he can't buy it back. He at least got to sit in the car he sold off 20 years ago!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, That is so cool!

I sold my 1969 Camaro in 1982 to buy a (third generation) 1982 Camaro. The guy I sold it to wrecked it a few months later :mad: I'd bought it in 1972 for $900 and was the second owner of the car. I had all the right papers, all the right numbers in all the right places. Had I kept the car (and not sold it for a few paltry thousand dollars), it would've been worth somewhere around $40k today. While it was a plain jane Camaro (not and RS, SS or z/28), it was somewhat unique with its 350cid, 12 bolt 3:73, and three speed Muncie. It would literally fly and still get 20 mpg at 75mph on the interstate (with 0.25/gal gas no less...:cool:)

What a blast it was back in the late '60's early '70's with the multitude of muscle cars on the road. The Big Three always going at each other and even AMC jumped into the fray. Spent many a night and weekend at someone's house, tuning or rebuilding someone's engine. Kept us out of trouble and learning a trade while having fun. At least it kept our minds off the war and the draft.....

Upvote 0