• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What are your issues

My problem with the game? The netcode. Every single server is lagging beyond belief.
I could play with a 70ms ping on Russian servers on RO Ostfront but in here if I play on a German one I get a ping above 300.

THIS is what's stopping me from playing more. If they fixed this and limited the God damn AVT/Mkb I would play a lot more.
There problem with the Hero weapons is that way to many people pre-ordered the DDE version of the game (Me included), thus meaning that the Mkb's/AVT's ended up being very frequently seen.
When I find one or play as a German Assault (wich is very rarely) I use it because it makes it super easy to sweep loads of Soviet's off of this world and into the next.

What TWI could do is limit the Mkb/AVT to be chosen from only 1 or 2 Assault players, letting the other 4 (or the amount left) with only the PPSh and the MP40 to choose.

Reactions: Needles
Upvote 0
map design, cluster****s with larger player counts.

performance

lack of gamemodes

performance

i would love to see a gamemode similar to dark messiahs (pc version) multiplayer, the power-struggle for the central point made it satisfying to flank and successfully take points
http://img.hexus.net/v2/gaming/screenshots/dark_messiah/borderkeepmap_large.jpg[url]http://img.hexus.net/v2/gaming/screenshots/dark_messiah/borderkeepmap_large.jpg[/URL] all cap points acted as spawn points as well, and each of them were able to be taken. If all were taken, no matter how many reinforcements you had, you could lose the game as your team was no longer capable of spawning on any points since they lost them. This provided a rush to give a huge incentive to attack defend and overall keep points, otherwise it would cause an early defeat. basically it was forced teamwork

performance

lack of mods which i was hoping we would already have seen a couple

performance

gameplay seems to too fast imo

performance

collision sucks with player movement, god forbid you try to move slightly around a corner or window trying to get a nice shot on an enemy but low and behold a ****ing piece of paper causes you to start bobbing up and down like a ****ing gofer.

performance

granted this is the 1st RO game ive played and from what ive played...not impressed, but id rather play this than Casual Field 3 or Console Portware 3

Upvote 0
My issues with the game:

Gameplay is too fun and addictive.
I always want to play the game.
My girlfriend hates tripwire without knowing who are what they are...
My girlfriend also hates this gray forum with this tripwire logo as she always sees it on my computer...
My midrange computer has no issues with the game, as a tech, I want issues to feel challenged.

What I love about the game
The people in the forums who constantly whine and complain about realism.
People who complain about hitreg when the servers are clearly overloaded. (never seen the issue on good servers)
Those who hate the game because it's not what they expected it to be and demand so many changes.. (now some of those changes can be done by server admins)
Those who ONLY post negative and claim to be ripped off... when they purchased a license to play the game... and got exactly that...and think not liking it = getting ripped off... or heart broken...

s4xqhkjpg.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My issues with the game:

Gameplay is too fun and addictive.
I always want to play the game.
My girlfriend hates tripwire without knowing who are what they are...
My girlfriend also hates this gray forum with this tripwire logo as she always sees it on my computer...
My midrange computer has no issues with the game, as a tech, I want issues to feel challenged.

What I love about the game
The people in the forums who constantly whine and complain about realism.
People who complain about hitreg when the servers are clearly overloaded. (never seen the issue on good servers)
Those who hate the game because it's not what they expected it to be and demand so many changes.. (now some of those changes can be done by server admins)
Those who ONLY post negative and claim to be ripped off... when they purchased a license to play the game... and got exactly that...and think not liking it = getting ripped off... or heart broken...

s4xqhkjpg.gif

I was going to post the exact same thing except replace "girlfriend" for "wife."

:IS2:

Upvote 0
Hm, well, I, as well as many others ofc, can play every other game with beautiful ping and whatnot, so whatever has to be done to fix the horrendous ping/lag in-game.

Performance - usually get anywhere from 28-65fps, but usually around 42.

Stuttering when firing.

Remove or revamp bandage system as well as remove the invincibility of already shot body parts. I remember shooting several ppl many times and they survive and bandage 287x and then become invincible as all their parts become inactive so to speak.

Those would be the major, as far as minor, I'd like to see: Map design improvements, bigger maps, more maps, severely restricted smg's and assault rifles, a working/attractive/organized browser/interface, a queue option for servers, new weapons/tanks, etc., non-hacking tank bots, worthwhile placement of many heavy-placed MGs. And though this will most likely never happen, it'd be cool if the Germans & Russians could get their helmets/berets blown off.

I'm sure there's many things I'm forgetting, but those come to my mind instantly.

Upvote 0
My only real gripe is the networking. The game desperately needs some lag compensation measures along the vein of client-side hit detection. You just can't have precise weaponry with this kind of player speed and expect the basic model to still keep up. It's intensely frustrating to have easy shots turned into an almost random outcome by the crude networking, and the way it turns sprinting into a reliable defense mechanism tends to badly break the gameplay.

That, the fairly frequent crashing to desktop, and the armor modeling disparity between the Pz4 and T-34 are the only things that bug me about the game.

Upvote 0
My main gameplay issues in an abstract sense are.

Outdoor combat is too campy, you kill people that never saw you, and you got killed by people that you never saw. In general people prefer to take potshots over advancing. You don't get any fire fights any more. Enemies are very hard to notice yet if you've seen someone he's very easy to kill. Some additional sway, ironsight time, and lessened zoom would make outdoors combat a bit less like a sniper battle.

Close quarter combat feels too fast, you can near instantly go to ironsight even when sprinting. Meaning that people can pretty much bypass the need for hipshooting. Together with that areas are so filled with people and especially automatics that there is no space to outmaneuvre anyone. Next to that people that get hit can pretty much continue to fight without any effect till they are completely dead.

So I think in general people should be more cautious in cqc, while in longer range be less campy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Issues?

1. I still crash to desktop fairly regularly. A couple of times a night at least.

Seems linked to clicking on the map or something like that right when something else happens, like a spawn, grenade going off, etc.

But otherwise several times a map there are tiny freezes where sound and picture stop for a fraction of a second and recover - each being a dice roll for a crash or no crash.

2. I take issue with the Can't Go Prone Here thing. A real human would simple drop and gravity would make them move out or over enough to fall to the ground, they would never just stand there because they are against a building or trash can etc. If you can't go prone due to your back you should automatically take a step forward, or to the side, whatever would allow you to go prone.

2A. They have a thing where you cannot drop to prone if you have just been shot, like you are stunned. This too is unrealistic, since dropping to the ground would be the natural reaction to getting hit, not freezing standing upright so you remain a target.

3. I have an issue when enemy MGs can fire directly into spawn buildings, like the Russian spawn site in front of the Water Refinery.

4. I HATE it when I am someone integrally involved in a match - i.e. in the top five scorers for my team, or being an SL who is calling out enemy positions and directing forces and people are actually listening to me - and I get KICKED TO THE OTHER TEAM for auto-balancing.

Video games have had team balance issues for decades and volunteers have taken care of that 99% of the time. If the game had a sign that blinked TEAMS! to the side with too many players, people would switch sides.

Games that have auto-balance should choose people from the lowest scorers or the people who have joined the match most recently.

Randomly kicking people who are real contributors to a team effort in a game that is touted as a team game is highly offensive and STUPID.

Unless I am newly arrived in a match I will forever refuse to desert the team I have been putting my every effort into helping and start fighting against them. I will apologize in the server and the leave the match. Often I will quit playing for the remainder of the night or even the remainder of the week. I find it that offensive. It ruins the immersion and experience for me.

IF I am just getting into the match, not contributing much to the team score, I will switch sides. Too often I am in the top tier or a part of the players molding strategy when I am forced to the other team. It is not about joining the other side so much as sabotaging what I just worked to so hard to earn for MY team by now fighting against them and knowing where they are pressing the attack.

4. This is not an issue with the game, because it was done on purpose with forethought. But I have a serious issue with the superman arcadeness that was purposely put in what should have been a greatly improved version of Red Orchestra. Until they bring back the weapons sway and fatigue effects of the previous Red Orchestra - which give a handicap because video game players will never be truly scared or fatigued - this game will never come near its potential - period. And I will never stop having an issue with this well intended but obvious error in judgment on the part of the developers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Needles
Upvote 0
Outdoor combat is too campy, you kill people that never saw you, and you got killed by people that you never saw. In general people prefer to take potshots over advancing. You don't get any fire fights any more. Enemies are very hard to notice yet if you've seen someone he's very easy to kill. Some additional sway, ironsight time, and lessened zoom would make outdoors combat a bit less like a sniper battle.

i agree almost completely with this.

outdoor combat seems confined to tiny half assed fire fights that end in 1 bullet.

i believe the main problem with it is the design layout of the maps, they seem to be made so that you can only cover a very tiny portion of open ground.

i would rather play on a map filled with nothing but trenches with a giant open field over playing any sized map with building after building after structure after structure blocking every single angle of approach.

Upvote 0