• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

What are You Reading?

Major Liability

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 14, 2010
New York
Read the excellent short story I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream not too long ago. AM and SHODAN would get along famously.

Just getting started on The Journey to the West. Got through one of the volumes about a decade ago, but I've forgotten everything about it except that it was very entertaining.

Also plan on picking up The Invincible since I'm too easily distracted to read one book at a time.

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
Dark Tower IV: The Wizard and Glass

By Stephen King. Good story, though Steve fudded up in book 2/3 on a fight scene.

I. Kant

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 9, 2007
Neil Gaiman's Stardust. Loved the movie, the book is amusing too.

Nestor Makhno

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch.

Another Philip K Dick one... this one is, to my mind, the most disturbing of all his books. It's like getting trapped in a nightmare and, every time you 'wake' finding out it is just another layer of nightmare.

RedGuardist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2006
His biography of Stalin was quite impressive, especially for me, a public-schooled American who definitely was taught "history" from the winner's perspective. It was also quite detailed. Very, very interesting stuff.
Young Stalin and Stalin: The Court of the Red Tsar are very good works indeed. This Monsters was more on the light side, allthough the subject is very sinister.

How are you liking Storm of Steel? I wrote a pretty extensive paper on it last year, I really enjoyed it. J

DraKon2k

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Just finished reading Revolutionary Road. Damn that book was disturbing, especcially towards the end. Definitely going to watch the movie in the next days.

*edit* Somehow it disturbed me so much that I actually feel kinda depressed right now :S

Last edited:

SiC-Disaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
Currently reading 'Education of a wandering man' by Louis L'amour.
Before that i finished 'Into Thin Air' by Jon Krakauer, about his Mount Everest expedition.
After 'Education..' i'm gonna read 'Walden: Or life in the woods' by Thoreau. And i also still have another Jack London story lying around here somewhere.

LemoN

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
Just finished reading "Armee im Schatten" (1922).

It's written by a veteran of the Austrian army in WW1, telling about his experiences in Galicia, the Carpathians, the Isonzo front and his participation in the "Carinthian defense".

Last edited: