• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What are the lowest laptop specs the game will run on?

Vapid

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 26, 2012
I have a Core2Duo T5800 @ 2.0GHz with an on-board 9200M GE running on Vista x86 with 3 GB RAM.

On the lowest settings would the game run okay? I'm assuming not but I thought it would be worth asking. I can run RO1/DH fine.

I really want to try the GOTY patch but my PC is f00k'd. :IS2:

you're one day late to find out for sure (you could have tested it yourself during the free weekend). it looks like your laptop is slightly below the minimum requirements, it might be able to run it, but the performance could be what some people call unplayable.
if you know someone who owns the game, he/she could login to his/her steamaccount from your laptop so you could give it a try.
finally there's always the "test drive" ;) it is frowned upon, but in your case, just to check if the game runs at all, it becomes a little legit :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
from what i've noticed since ro2 first came out, there's a huge difference in how the game runs. there's lots of people with great computers, that the game doesn't run well on. then there's people playing it on computers that it shouldn't run on at all. unless you get reallly lucky and someone comes on here and says, "hey, i got that exact same setup", (highly unlikely) you'll have to dl it and see for yourself. either way, that laptop better be fully optomized to play it.

Upvote 0
I'm not a huge fan of Toms Hardware, but their graphics hierarchy charts are a pretty good place to get an idea of relative video card performance.

The game does not run well on my integrated Intel HD graphics in my laptop (a Core i5-520m)

Even at the lowest resolution and lowest settings, the framerate is too low for me to enjoy it.

According to the linked chart, your 9200M performs even worse than the Intel HD Arrandale graphics in my laptop, so my guess is that you will not like the performance it provides.

The minimum specs TWI lists are a Geforce 7800GTX or Radeon 2900GT, both of which are QUITE A BIT higher on the performance comparison charts.

Unfortunately most laptops just aren't designed with games in mind, and even those that are lag significantly behind their desktop counterparts hich sell for about a third of their price.

Upvote 0