• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What are our objectives for the future of the mod?

Moskeeto

Dec 29, 2011
Let's list them here.

1) Maps, maps, maps. Right now, we have plenty of playable maps for Americans vs Germans. We will have to expand that for the Brits as well the further we go on with the mod.

2) Weapons:
- Full British arsenal. I believe every weapon is ready but their AT nade.
- Bazooka and grease gun for the Americans
- G43 and StG for the Germans.
- Sound effects. Lots of them.

3) Vehicles:
- Jeep for Americans
- Other transport vehicles for other factions
- Tanks for Americans and British

4) Paratrooping - I believe this is mostly finished or at least prototyped

5) Voice Acting:
- American lines need references to Japanese removed
- German voice acting needs to be replaced
- British voice acting needs to be started

6) Map assets
- more static mesh props - Dragon88 is doing a pretty good job here

7) UI changes? This I can do pretty easily, but I'm not sure if it's necessary

8) Soundtrack?
This is very low priority if a priority at all.

Please add your thoughts and please help expand this list.

Last edited:
Scum is getting fully into voice acting now. He has a lot of time and a proper recording studio. He is experimenting and getting into it currently. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s5t6gnet056h60l/AABRFamCW2BJlxINvi1LOtata/TankDamRep1.wav?dl=0. That shows off quite a bit.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s5t6gnet056h60l/AACGZVLIO7fzNm5uzssbeYzNa?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x37vjtmapt6ti5/AABllVD7ytTW7LvNsUOJgKPwa?dl=0

There's also those two experiments of things. However he knows his angry sounding lines are pretty comical. But its good since he's testing his limitations and what sounds good. And we can decide how to do the lines. He is also making them all up btw based on a very loose script.

However he is only one guy. Even though he did try without me even asking to be the radio operator by putting on a posher accent. With radio static added you wouldn't even know.

I also think full collaboration with other mods is a good idea. Provided other modders agree with it too. The pacific armour guys are game. Haven't spoken to any of the IOM guys.

I also think a List of what we have would be good also. Full list of completed Assets, features and maps. So we all know what we need from what we already have. Where are we with a Sherman for example. I have seen many models made by RO2 members. But Haven't seen where it has gone from there. As a sherman will fill both the American tank role and the British tank role.

Also yesterday I acquired a Panzer IV Ausf H. From Besker Mando aka PFC Moos. Problem is he doesn't quite know where he got it himself. 90% sure its the vehicle mod lol. Fully animated and uses Ausf G textures. He could code it too. Needs normals changed to be a proper H and we could be super awesome and stick armoured skirts all over it. The Vehicle mod guy is still around these forums and he crawls around moddb a bit. So contacting him isn't an issue really.

Upvote 0
So yeah what do we have.

From what I know we have:

Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk1
Sten Mk V with foregrip
Bren Mk II
PIAT
Browning Hi Power (compatible with TT-33 or M1911 animations)
M3 grease gun
STG44
Bazooka

Unarmed Jeep.
Nice german car
German motorcycle with MG sidecar (last I saw untextured)

Radiomen sort of working
Paradrops pretty much done

New German summer uniform almost done
New German winter uniform half done
New American army uniform done and coded
Fallshirmjager and US Airborne models by Postamenos. He still has them.
Two British uniforms in need of gear variations.

1 complete new German VO.

Upvote 0
Maps:
Most (All) maps need updated, mainly environmentally. Saint Amand probably needs more work than it is worth to get up to "Steam Release" standards, but once Omaha is finished (just waiting on LCVP model) I will be working on fixing up both Brest and Hill400. If there is time after that I can modify Come du Mont. Shepard spoke to Nestor and he mentioned that we would eventually hand the maps over to AMG for modifications and polishing so I am not sure how much time they want me to spend modifying anything at this point.

I have detailed plans for an Arnhem Bridge Map that will incorporate both British Models and Paratroopers. My plan was to begin working on this once I polished up the maps I mentioned above. This will likely be a large project and I would anticipate 2 - 3 months of development.

Models:
Dragon88 has been invaluable in modeling and has more or less been a "meshes made to order" guy. I have made several specific requests and he has created them within a few days. I will make a thread in here as well of all the assets he has sent me. He has also begun work on some of the Meshes that PsychoPigeon needed for his Carentan map.

If we could include Lemonater's new PanzIV skins in the next update so that a spawned playable tank can use them would be great. I would love to include German Tanks in Arnhem if Brits will have proper AT weapons.

Uniforms:
If work could or has been done on a general US Winter skin, I think this would be a great asset as well. I have made general plans for a smaller "Foy" style Winter map and would likely need something at least "white" for US players to wear.

SCUM:
I know he is not "officially" on the team, but would it be possible to add him to this private forum? His input and guidance as both an experienced player and mod supporter have been very beneficial to me in getting good honest and accurate feedback on the maps so far. His latest Voice lines are a vast improvement from the wonky equipment he had been working with also. :)
/plug

Upvote 0
Hi guys - I am just about ready to swing into action now. Apologies for the delay; I decided to defer my university course for a year so I can focus on helping get this bad boy out of the door and onto Steam. It took a little while to arrange that but it should produce results.

Can people please send their email addresses to me at [email protected] and also, if you have a TWI NDA please send me a copy for my records. If not, let me know and we will get you NDA'ed up.

I will also be getting everyone set up on Jira project management very soon and we should all meet up to make sure we all know how to use it properly.

Upvote 0
Very cool, thanks for your help!

On another note, Gen Sir Anthony C H Melchett (YouTuber) wants to feature the Mod and do a walk through of Omaha as well as an "interview" for an upcoming video of his. I haven't got all of the details from him, but I personally don't have a mic, nor do I feel comfortable discussing specifics about the Mod that I may not be well informed about. Would someone else be more willing/able to possibly conduct an interview with him to promote the mod?

If anyone thinks it is a bad idea, I can tell him we arent ready for that just yet. He would probably just do a video on the map/mod itself then.

Upvote 0
It is not a good idea to talk about what will be in the mod until we have something finalised (i.e. a map that we are 100% sure won't get dropped etc.)

Also, it would probably be better to do the first official reveal through a larger outlet. I would suggest asking the guy to wait a while until we are ready to show him something awesome, rather than a few half-assed bits and pieces.

Classic mod syndrome is to show one render of an AK-47 and loads of people who are already fans say "this mod will be le awesum!" and it fizzles. Let's make sure the first reveal hits an audience that isn't just people who will already play it anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is not a good idea to talk about what will be in the mod until we have something finalised (i.e. a map that we are 100% sure won't get dropped etc.)

Also, it would probably be better to do the first official reveal through a larger outlet. I would suggest asking the guy to wait a while until we are ready to show him something awesome, rather than a few half-assed bits and pieces.

Classic mod syndrome is to show one render of an AK-47 and loads of people say "this mod will be le awesum!" and it fizzles. let's make sure the first reveal hits an audience that isn't just people who will already play it anyway.

Good call! Thanks for the heads up, I will let him know :)

Upvote 0
RIP VME.

Also a similar thing is people saying their going to help, starting on something then drifting away. Which has happened a lot even in this mod. So it was a bit of a risk me uploading those WIP images onto moddb. But it was the ModDB awards. I asked both artists prior and they are both in the final stages of making those models. And we all know Twrecks is pretty solid. Everyone wants a Luger.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Updated the google doc with a sheet about levels.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...P65w2Gz5vLGInAKa-WGuIzBlQ/edit#gid=1840808454

Please put down your preference (1 to 7) for seeing the maps in the first release of the mod - 1 = most want in, 7 = not too bothered.

Then we can take a look at how many we can realistically work on getting in.

So should each number be used only once, as if we are ranking them 1-7? Or are we just rating each map individually?

Upvote 0
So should each number be used only once, as if we are ranking them 1-7? Or are we just rating each map individually?

lol, is that how it works? I guess we have to rank them ourselves.

Personally I would rank Donner even further below if I could. :p
I don't think we should include Donner at all because it wasn't made by anyone in our team and was a custom RO2 map we converted for our mod in the really early days before we had any maps and were desperate to have something different to play on. It's also based off of a DoD map. There's also the issue that it has a lot of Russian assets that don't fit the Western theater.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol, is that how it works? I guess we have to rank them ourselves.

Personally I would rank Donner even further below if I could. :p
I don't think we should include Donner at all because it wasn't made by anyone in our team and was a custom RO2 map we converted for our mod in the really early days before we had any maps and were desperate to have something different to play on. It's also based off of a DoD map. There's also the issue that it has a lot of Russian assets that don't fit the Western theater.

and that tank... :confused:

Upvote 0