• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What about HoS sound

Divinehammer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2006
Sunny, Obamalot
What can the Devs tell us about the sound in the new game. How have you improved it? What will the Specs be? Being built on the engine that it is will it support some EAX version? Someone will probably rip me for bringing up EAX however I just switched from an EAX card to a Asus Xonar DS and I am already finding that some of my old games are not supported in EAX mode by it. Which I might add the packaging is misleading because it says supports the latest EAX5 implying that it does previous versions. That would be v2 only not 3 or 4 and depending on who you talk to it trys to do EAX5. I am just trying to update my Comp for HoS. So if anyone wants to fill me in on any part of this please do. Thanks.

Yes I am looking for what the game will support. I to like EAX but as I have found if the game supports EAX 4 I will need to get a creative card. I think that EAX sounds better but online you will see people say you dont need EAX anymore. Truthfully this xonar card sounds like crap so far playing Medieval Total War with robot voices and spatial problems where sound is reverbing off areas it shouldnt. Sounds like a Kazoo.

Upvote 0