• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What about consoles?

Here's something to consider:

[url]http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JohannesAspeby/20140507/217079/Postmortem_Sanctum_2.php[/URL]

I recommend skipping to "What went wrong" part, something may catch your eye.

That's a very good read. I agree that console ports would be a bad idea. Honestly, I don't think Tripwire would actually make that much in revenue form console ports. I would be willing to wager that most console players haven't even heard of Killing Floor and therefore might not even be that interested. KF2 looks like it will be awesome, but I think it's best left to its PC roots.

Upvote 0
The problem with console gaming is that you have to spend TONS of money to get the exposure you need to sell your games. You need to be in all mainstream news sites all the time, and release trailers on E3 and VGA.

While PC gamers generally read more forums, go to more indie websites, and look at Steam new releases every day, so it is much easier to get exposure on PC without cost.

Now for the gratuitous rant: I think closed platforms like consoles just need to die and be replaced by Steam Machines, because artificially locking software to a certain brand of hardware is an awful thing to do. If I have a decent enough combination of GPU/CPU/RAM, there is no reason I should not be able to run any game, I would not buy a separate TV just to watch a specific channel that is exclusive to lets say "Samsung TVs". The content is standard and the device your are using to access that content only affects the quality of the experience.

Gaming needs to be standardized too, like TVs, so you have true freedom of choice when it comes to hardware, and it is quite standard already when it comes to PC gaming (and it will be more as we move towards Linux platforms), but consoles are keeping things artificially locked.

Every time you see an exclusive game on a console, you are looking at a greedy asshole paying money with the sole purpose of making you unable to play in your device, so you have to buy the same thing you already had, but inferior and with more expensive games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another simple fix is do not allow console players to join any games over HARD difficulty. problem solved.
You're a bad person and you should feel bad.

Also, all aim assist does for me when I'm playing console games is **** me over, because the bullets aren't going exactly where I want them to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
how about we let TWI work on the game and forget these horrible potato boxes even exist?

Yeah I'm not sure why everybody is so gung-ho on a console version. None of Tripwire's games have ever been on a console.

Though if I had to pick, I'd rather they make a console version and leave the PC to mouse and keyboard controls. Doesn't matter how good you are with a controller, it will never be as good as a mouse. There is absolutely no way you could instantly do a 180 to face what's behind you with a controller. Accuracy and movement is just so much faster with a mouse. I don't want liabilities on my team because of it.

Maybe I'm just being elitist, but I want my team to be at full efficiency.

Upvote 0
People are gung-ho on a console version because it usually means that a PC game - in 2014 - will have to be actively held back in the name of the crappy ol' consoles, unless the PC version remains better than the console version, which will just make angry console gamers.

It's just not really worth making console versions of some games unless the style of game being made easily fits different methods of play. Imagine a console version of ArmA, that'd be just retarded. Or playing games like old-school Resident Evil with a mouse-n-keyboard.

Something as simple as Portal transfers well to both systems. TWI's games probably wouldn't. We know that Red Orchestra won't go down very well on console.

Upvote 0