• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

What about a Split-screen mode?

the_TeuTon

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2007
Why don't more people play PC games? They have better graphics and can be modded, unlike console versions. I think the reason for this is that almost all PC games can only be played in multiplayer on different computers. That's the only thing I like about console games.....you can play them with your friends right there next to you, and it makes it more fun. I searched the forums and haven't seen this posted anywhere. I think adding a split-screen mode to single or multiplayer would be a good idea.

Not only would it make playing it on PC more fun, it might help to sell the game more.

At this stage I expect it would be difficult to add to the single-player campaign, but making it its own multiplayer mode or an option when playing on servers would be nice.

<*>Nora The Martyr

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 30, 2009
The reason why no one has every done this on a PC is because monitors are not that large for one...aside from windows not being able to support this.

... thats why people have lan parties.

I like PC multiplayer FPS more because you Don't have split screen.

Split screen bugs the **** outa me.

the_TeuTon

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2007
The reason why no one has every done this on a PC is because monitors are not that large for one...aside from windows not being able to support this.

... thats why people have lan parties.

I like PC multiplayer FPS more because you Don't have split screen.

Split screen bugs the **** outa me.
Computer monitors are getting a lot bigger now though. I'm in college and a lot of people I know have small TVs too that they still play up to 4-player split screens on.

And can't you buy 360 controllers for PC? Is it possible to have more than one connected?

LemoN

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
Computer monitors are getting a lot bigger now though. I'm in college and a lot of people I know have small TVs too that they still play up to 4-player split screens on.

And can't you buy 360 controllers for PC? Is it possible to have more than one connected?
so you want to play HoS with a 360 controller? :rolleyes:

COOL SHADOW

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 2, 2006
the Home of the Heroes!
I am all for a splitscreen.

All you guys who are against it just have tiny little monitors.
I have my PC linked to a beamer (video projektor) and get superb picture on a 2,5 m screen! :D
So even with the screen splitted (vertically) I would get a 10 times larger picture than you with your little monitor...

BTW, whats the problem with double mouses? If you use the M.A.M.E. arcade emulator on PC, you could use 2 mouses at the same time (for games that support that, with terminator II it worked for example). So 2 mouses does work on PC, whats the problem?

Yes for splitscreen!

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
I wouldnt mind splitscreen but i wouldnt use it either, if the functionality is there in the engine it would be nice to have. But i wouldnt want to the devs to use a lot of there time implementing splitscreen :p

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2009
just use a mike or ventrilo if you want to hear your friend's annoying voice. gaming is not a social activity for me.

SOLDATRO2

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 23, 2011
Cannot understand why anyone would be against this, i completely agree with the first post that the only reason more people dont play PC is because consoles can be played socially with friends which i prefer, even though i dont own a console.

It is so simple to use a tv instead of a monitor, its one cord which almost all TV's can connect via HD or VGA connection. And besides, i am using an iMac (With windows installed on it) this has a 28inch screen, PLENTY big enough to play splitscreen on it.

I really hope this function ends up being put in RO2

-Just brought a PS2 controller adapter so i could play splitscreen on my PC games the other day.

splitscreen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 17, 2011
well soldatro2! I play with my brother and my father to the fifa 12 on a pc with a ps2 joystick adapter.
to the call of duty alone, because it has no splitscreen, play with a keyboard with joystick converter.
.in the ps2 game games splitscreen in a 12-inch TV and it looks good.

I opened a forum with a vote to see who is in favour or against.
your name is voting. I hope many yes, "for splitscreen offline" stalin, 1944.