• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What a casualized mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junkie

Jul 26, 2011
As a longtime red orchestra fan, I awaited the beta with great anticipation, trusting TWI to expand upon GRIPPING REALISM of the previous installment, and not do a cheap casualization to appeal to the mass market. Unfortunatly, after several hours of playing, it became clear to me that the game turned out to be the latter. I expected the GRIPPING REALISM of the previous installment to become even more in-depth. I was distraught to find that there is not a keybind for each eyelid that must be pressed every so often so your vision does not go blurry from lack of hydration. Are you suggesting that soldiers did not blink back then, Tripwire? That they could keep their eyes open indefinitely? With such glaring historical inconsistiances like this, they may as well just throw in golden deagles and m16's. It will help them appeal to the braindead COD crowd they're trying so hard to appeal to with such a deliberate casualization. There isn't even a button for controlling your bowel movements! God they might as well name the game Call of Orchestra: Red Warfare 2, because the only people they're trying to appeal to by leaving out such gritty and realistic features are brain dead COD drones. RIP Tripwire.

As a longtime red orchestra fan, I awaited the beta with great anticipation, trusting TWI to expand upon GRIPPING REALISM of the previous installment, and not do a cheap casualization to appeal to the mass market. Unfortunatly, after several hours of playing, it became clear to me that the game turned out to be the latter. I expected the GRIPPING REALISM of the previous installment to become even more in-depth. I was distraught to find that there is not a keybind for each eyelid that must be pressed every so often so your vision does not go blurry from lack of hydration. Are you suggesting that soldiers did not blink back then, Tripwire? That they could keep their eyes open indefinitely? With such glaring historical inconsistiances like this, they may as well just throw in golden deagles and m16's. It will help them appeal to the braindead COD crowd they're trying so hard to appeal to with such a deliberate casualization. There isn't even a button for controlling your bowel movements! God they might as well name the game Call of Orchestra: Red Warfare 2, because the only people they're trying to appeal to by leaving out such gritty and realistic features are brain dead COD drones. RIP Tripwire.

*drunk rant*

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.