• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What a casualized mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
File under "Dumb Threads and Overreactions."

To be frank, I don't see the dreaded "realism enthusiasts" making as loud a noise as those of you who are having such an allergic reaction to them.

I'm really getting into RO2, and I was a big fan of the first one, so I don't agree with the hardcore realists if they think the game is ruined. But I understand some of their concerns. Most of the changes are in a specific direction - so far. But I have faith in TWI that its all to a positive end.. Or mostly... And so far, I'm still on board.

Upvote 0
I was distraught to find that there is not a keybind for each eyelid that must be pressed every so often so your vision does not go blurry from lack of hydration. Are you suggesting that soldiers did not blink back then, Tripwire? That they could keep their eyes open indefinitely?

Well, I didn't want to sound extremist by making a post about it but since you mention it...

Upvote 0
File under "Dumb Threads and Overreactions."

To be frank, I don't see the dreaded "realism enthusiasts" making as loud a noise as those of you who are having such an allergic reaction to them.

I'm really getting into RO2, and I was a big fan of the first one, so I don't agree with the hardcore realists if they think the game is ruined. But I understand some of their concerns. Most of the changes are in a specific direction - so far. But I have faith in TWI that its all to a positive end.. Or mostly... And so far, I'm still on board.

I've seen people complaining about character run speed with the argument that the clothing and equipment soldiers wore was heavy. That being the only reason. I am all in support of realism for adding game depth. But not realism for the sake of realism. It is impossible to create a truly realistic game without sacrificing everything that makes a video game fun. Nitpicking some while not mentioning others is just absurd. Besides the pretentious "I'm so much better than those braindead cod players" attitude is incredibly obnoxious and I see it in virtually every whine thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Doesnt OP know that you dont need a button for blinking in game because when you're playing the game you're blinking?

But seriously OP this wont stop RO's base community from saying what they want to say and suggesting what they want to suggest. A lot of them are just disappointed because they got very hyped up for what they wanted and didnt get it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was distraught to find that there is not a keybind for each eyelid that must be pressed every so often so your vision does not go blurry from lack of hydration. Are you suggesting that soldiers did not blink back then, Tripwire? That they could keep their eyes open indefinitely? With such glaring historical inconsistiances like this, they may as well just throw in golden deagles and m16's.

LoooooooooooL.

Upvote 0
As a longtime red orchestra fan, I awaited the beta with great anticipation, trusting TWI to expand upon GRIPPING REALISM of the previous installment, and not do a cheap casualization to appeal to the mass market. Unfortunatly, after several hours of playing, it became clear to me that the game turned out to be the latter. I expected the GRIPPING REALISM of the previous installment to become even more in-depth. I was distraught to find that there is not a keybind for each eyelid that must be pressed every so often so your vision does not go blurry from lack of hydration. Are you suggesting that soldiers did not blink back then, Tripwire? That they could keep their eyes open indefinitely? With such glaring historical inconsistiances like this, they may as well just throw in golden deagles and m16's. It will help them appeal to the braindead COD crowd they're trying so hard to appeal to with such a deliberate casualization. There isn't even a button for controlling your bowel movements! God they might as well name the game Call of Orchestra: Red Warfare 2, because the only people they're trying to appeal to by leaving out such gritty and realistic features are brain dead COD drones. RIP Tripwire.
Oh boy, it's this thread again :rolleyes:
Look your arguments are freaking pointless, just stop now while you're ahead. You're making yourself look like a fool by even comparing these two shooters.
EDIT: Disregard that, I suck eggs

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilKiwi436
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.