• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WH:Dark Crusade

kapulA

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
Croatia
Copy-paste from Cro forums:
AGOURA HILLS, Calif., May 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- THQ Inc. (Nasdaq: THQI - News) and internal development studio Relic Entertainment today announced that the second expansion pack in the Dawn of War franchise, Warhammer

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War is an excellent example of a non-traditional RTS. It takes some pretty impressive steps away from 'get oil/gas and gold/money' and keeps a nice rock-paper-scissors aproach to units and upgrades until only the very highest of tiers of tech (the unique and limited-cap super units, they're allowed to be super).

I'm really dissapointed that they made Necrons race seven, for reasons that are probably entirely too nerdy to go into here and would only be understood by table-top players most likely. Aside from that, I have no complaints. Highly recommended, and I believe you can get DoW and the expansion, Winter Assault, in a GoTY package for 30 bucks or so.

I might be partially biased because it's the first RTS I've actually enjoyed playing since WarCraft 2, but that might just be the grumpy bastard in me speaking :p

Upvote 0
I'm not a huge RTS fan, but I love Dawn of War and the first expansion Winter Assault. So that would bring the races to: Space marines, Imperial army, Chaos, Orks, Eldar, Necrons and Tau. Tyranids would have been nice too, but probably very hard to implement.

I dont play the tabletop game, but when I stepped in our local Games Workshop store, I was immediately sold by the 'Imperial armour' series of books. Simply amazing artwork. Volume 4: 'The Anphelion project' has recently been released. And once again it looks incredible. (Although they are a bit expensive).

Upvote 0
I don't think the Tau and Necrons are bad choices for DoW. Both will add new variety to the game. They will certainly release another expansion for Tyranids if only to pull in the few Starcraft players who refuse to leave their Zerg armies...

Now we just need them to introduce Squats... (yes, I played 40k when you could still buy them and also get 2 land raiders for $20).

Upvote 0