• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Wepons Update

FangSeishin

Jul 15, 2015
AVT40- upgrade extended mag at lv 25 and 50 to 20 rounds.(these did exist in the war)

DP-28 starter with 30 round over head boxmag (was rarely used because they had the dish mags), lvl 25 47 round dish mag and lvl 50 upgrade to DPM with 60 round dish mag. (the 60 round did exist during the war)

Svt40-lvl 50 20 round mag

Add M1938 carbine like in ro1
Add PPD-40

Add German MG26-T (Captured mg from Czechoslovakia used by Germany)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZB_vz._30

http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=413http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=413

I'm sorry the 30 round box magazine version was called the PD-36.
Judging from Russian philosophy of how they name there weapons the 1936 is designation for when it went into service.

okay....
First, there really wasnt such thing as PD-36 at all.
Because i was reading Degtyarov's biography and such weapon wasnt mentioned.
Because "PD" name doesnt make any sense. Degtyariov called his MG as D and then letter that says purpose of this gun ( like DT for Deg. Tank, DP for Deg. Pehotniy/infantry, DA for Deg. Aviation).

PD would mean same as DP but reversed, but Degtyariov didnt reverse these letters, At 1939 he designed DS which means Degtyarov Heavy(HMG) and at 1944 he designed DP modification and called it DPM, not PDM.

Your link does not mention anything like PD-36. It says something like "PPD-36" as machinegun with 30rnd mag which is also nonsense. There were submachineguns designed by Degtyariov and he called them PPD, which means Submachinegun by Degtyariov. But there wasnt any 1936 model. All SMGs were called like this:
PPD-34
PPD-34/38
PPD-40
PPD-42 or PPD-43 if i am not wrong, this was prototype and participated in contest where Sudayev won with his PPS.

More than that, there wasnt any 30rnd mags for PPD, only 25rnd stick mag, then 73rnd and 71rnd drums were designed.

Second, DP and DPM never used 63rnd magazines. 63rnd magazines were used in DT which is tank variant of DP and was often used by infantry, after taking from disabled vehicles or sometimes used by infantry in the first place, right from factory. DPM wouldnt have any different magazine from DP and basically the only difference it would have is may be slower barrel overheat, because it had different bolt spring location and it didnt heat from barrel anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
okay....
First, there really wasnt such thing as PD-36 at all.
Because i was reading Degtyarov's biography and such weapon wasnt mentioned.
Because "PD" name doesnt make any sense. Degtyariov called his MG as D and then letter that says purpose of this gun ( like DT for Deg. Tank, DP for Deg. Pehotniy/infantry, DA for Deg. Aviation).

PD would mean same as DP but reversed, but Degtyariov didnt reverse these letters, At 1939 he designed DS which means Degtyarov Heavy(HMG) and at 1944 he designed DP modification and called it DPM, not PDM.

Your link does not mention anything like PD-36. It says something like "PPD-36" as machinegun with 30rnd mag which is also nonsense. There were submachineguns designed by Degtyariov and he called them PPD, which means Submachinegun by Degtyariov. But there wasnt any 1936 model. All SMGs were called like this:
PPD-34
PPD-34/38
PPD-40
PPD-42 or PPD-43 if i am not wrong, this was prototype and participated in contest where Sudayev won with his PPS.

More than that, there wasnt any 30rnd mags for PPD, only 25rnd stick mag, then 73rnd and 71rnd drums were designed.

Second, DP and DPM never used 63rnd magazines. 63rnd magazines were used in DT which is tank variant of DP and was often used by infantry, after taking from disabled vehicles or sometimes used by infantry in the first place, right from factory. DPM wouldnt have any different magazine from DP and basically the only difference it would have is may be slower barrel overheat, because it had different bolt spring location and it didnt heat from barrel anymore.
Well then I may have to revise the thread then.

Upvote 0
Well then I may have to revise the thread then.

From the vanila german arsenal point of view would be totally logical to give soviets DT-29 as 2nd unlock and RPD-44 or MT as 3rd unlock. It would pretty much mirror the german MG role (bOlance is our everything) and it wouldnt get even closely as unhistorical as german weapons (g41 with 1944 scope and imaginated scope mount, why RPD-44 cant be there?)

Upvote 0