• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art Welt's Tank Skins

Looks good, Welt. But would it be possible for you to post some pictures showing them us on the model?

And what finnish map? Did I miss something?

Oh, and the Tiger also looks beautiful. I really hope we will see those skins in some maps ASAP.

It's not worth it to show them in game, they are just the same Soviet tanks and the stug camo I posted with finnish markings. Simple as that.:)

Upvote 0
Panzer IV H madness.

shot00021lk1.jpg

shot00022yp8.jpg

shot00023bo3.jpg

Upvote 0
Actually, having mismatched shades of dark and light is not such a bad idea in general. Historically, the white-wash was applied rather hastily before battle by its crew and certainly not with a great deal of attention to uniformity. What he's done just makes it look more realistic IMHO.

:) On the otherhand, if Welt decides to add some dirt or mud on the sides/rear, exhaust smoke stains near the manifolds, powder burns on the muzzle-brake, and perhaps some minor battle damage (like panzerfaust or PTRD hit decals on the skirts), it will look a little more "lived in" rather than off the showroom floor.

Great work Welt!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Welt, I think you are doing a great service by churning these out. It seems pretty fun to make these, and relatively easy in the whole scheme of game creation.

I do wonder if it's even possible in the UT04 engine to make the paint/armor look like it has more depth. The paint on the tanks always looks paper thin, but creating a feeling of 50mm of armor may require bit/mip/HDR/HDTV mapping that isn't supported in UT04, or it may require remodelling polygons for dents, scratches, and shell marks. Can you draw those on in a way that looks realistic, or will those also kind of look paper-thin too?

Upvote 0