• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art Welt's Tank Skins

Welt

Grizzled Veteran
May 12, 2006
Finland
I've recently been interested in skinning for RO. So I started with kinda basic task, the Tiger.I thought of a colour and settled with the idea of panzer grey.

Some of the original camo paintings were left to make the tank look a bit used. So, is the colour too bright or incorrect?

tigergreymp6.jpg

tigergreyturretfd9.jpg

Now some help would be nice. I want to see it in-game to see if it's too blurry etc. So is anyone interested in making a basic test map with a Tiger with this skin? I tried a few times but the tank never appeared in the map.

Last edited:
"New Tigers were painted overall dark (panzer) grey (RAL 7021). In December of 1942, Tigers also saw combat near Tunis. Vehicles were painted overall dark grey with a thin coat of dark olive green (RAL 6003) sprayed over it. In February of 1943, by the order of OKH, dark grey was replaced by dark yellow (RAL 7028) as the base colour for all German vehicles." Found on "Achtung Panzer! site.

If this information is true(I think it is) early tigers were the same grey as PzIII or STUG.

Upvote 0
I've never seen an grey Tiger, they were yellow when they came out of the factory.

Creating the code to support a custom-skinned tank is pretty easy.. check out ROVehicles/Classes/ _snow versions of the tank. it'll basically be the same thing. There's only a couple classes you gotta extend and dork around with.. else the tank will come out the same.

Upvote 0
Now I've tried to alter the PzIII to a dark yellow and olive green camo.

I think it looks a little too brownish and metallic.

And could a mod change the threads title to something like " Welts general skin thread" or something like that?

Yes a Mod can :)

Well the general look is okay, the colors need some fine tuning though, i believe someone in this Forum had some Colortables, with really used Colors.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the colortables. I used the first one for the PzIII but the colors aren't so accurate because i didn't have the time replace the metallic texture to a painted look-a-like. I may update the skin today if i can get the material beneath a little used looking.

And i've tried to add the skin of the tiger to a test map(the code is correct and done) but nothing appears on the map. Tried Tigerfactory and a textured static mesh but nothing happened.

E: And finding the camo for a PzIII which is ingame was somewhat annoying because only one modeller site had a single picture of a camo'ed PzIIIL

Last edited:
Upvote 0