• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Well guess what I just played? LevelingMap4

nutterbutter

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
I've never seen one of these maps before. I was expecting a regular map with a tiny thin corridor. Nope. I have to admit I was impressed.

I logged in and there was a lvl 2 & a lvl 3 zerker in there and I must admit, that map, while a little large, was built for leveling. Efficiently leveling. Huge open area for lots of players. On the left were little areas for money, reloading, healing, and death. By money, I mean a small walk through netted me $20k. The front of the map held a 15 ft wide by 100 ft deep. Three welding doors were on either side of the opening for alley.

Now for the leveling alley. I was expecting at least some challenge. Nope. Invisible wall prevented the specimens from leaving the alley. So basically the specimens meandered around while two zerkers fired saw blades into them and then attacked with katanas through an invisible wall. Still, and this is hilarious, the zerkers would occasionally die from the sirens.

So I logged in as support, grabbed a LAW and AA12 and then started shooting fish. Then the zerkers started complaining about "how people are always using the LAW when they try to level", "why am I there when I'm a lvl 6 already", and "You're not even a demo." Then one guy started doing circles around me so I would detonate myself with the LAW.

I'll admit, it was fun for about 2 waves then it was just boring. Incredibly boring. I was just trying to kill as many specimens as I could to keep them from killing them. Once Patty rolled around I built a stack of pipebombs as high as I could then tried to stack grenades on top of them.

Want to know how easy it was to kill Patty?

16h0keg.png

I left with a small insult about players who use such maps and the free advice that the game is more fun on the lower levels. I wished "Good Luck" and like that, I was gone.

Last edited:
They die a lot on Normal and Hard too. Also they do stupid stuff like wielding doors, or unwielding doors who need to be wielded. I want to level up my other perks like Firebug and Demolitions so I am lvl 3 or 4 and I play on hard and there are 3 or 4 people each game that don't know what to do at all. Also they rage quit after dying or cursing because "we didnt wait for them" and they are still in the shop buying underwear to cover their little pu***es.

Upvote 0
So what's your point?

^this. That map isn't even new (if I remember correctly), I think I have seen it maybe a year and a half ago (while the whitelist was still in effect so no use back then) so I think it's been made before the whitelist was even introduced in the first place. Also if you're really surprised by this map you should just do a quick search in the workshop, there are other maps far superior to this one.

8 normal achievements to play hard. 8 hard achievements to play suicidal. 8 suicidal achievements to play HoE ... and power-leveling wouldn't be anything but a personal choice.

and ^this. Great idea, although it's been suggested every time this or a related topic comes up and we have yet to receive an official statement, in my opinion that would solve most of the problems. Every system can be exploited in one way or another but it would make it more difficult. It would also be an easy way to stop the horde of newbies who join higher difficulty maps because they simply don't know better.
If someone is just starting out without friends that do a bit of explaining he has no way of knowing where to start unless he does some reading by himself because there really is no information at all in the game itself. That and that abomination of a server browser.

Upvote 0
8 normal achievements to play hard. 8 hard achievements to play suicidal. 8 suicidal achievements to play HoE ... and power-leveling wouldn't be anything but a personal choice.

Ehhh, I'm kind of against this. I started out in hard myself, then tried normal about 2 weeks later. I found it incredibly boring, and stopped after the first game and went back to playing hard (although if i had friends playing on Normal I would join them :p).
I don't think low levels should be limited like this, and what happens if you start a new account? Would you like to have to sit through 8 games of Normal, 8 of Hard, and 8 of Suicidal before you can really test yourself as a low level player in the highest difficulty (and by the stage you have met all the requirements, you wouldn't really be that low a level anymore :/)

Upvote 0
If you never got his point then I think you need to re-read lol.
Just did, and all I got was "levelling maps are bad, mmk? Gimme attention pls :3"
you can "roleplay" on any map, mountain pass is just plain boring.
I disagree, I think a number of the spots are actually quite a lot of fun, just so long as you lock yourselves indoors or hide in the woods and never leave.

Upvote 0