• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Well deserved EA, well deserved

True, they don't give a s*** about their reputation or customers, however if masses open their eyes and stop buying their cr** then something might change.
Good marketing always works on the masses. Hype it up to get the cashflow going and get the ''critics'' (gaming site propaganda centres) to get you good verdicts. Works everytime.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
True, they don't give a s*** about their reputation or customers, however if masses open their eyes and stop buying their cr** then something might change.
I'm sick of stupid sentences like this. It is not going to happen, so please stop with those retarded paroles.

I thought EA had a good period from say 2007-2009 with many great & innovative titles like Mirror's Edge, Crysis, Battlefield: Bad Company, Left 4 Dead, etc.

Then however while looking at their own numbers and the success of Activision they noticed that while they gained popularity, that didn't equal success. That resulted in huge investments in the DLC market, Origin and streamlining certain franchises(Dragon Age 2). So yeah over the last 2-3 years they've once again gone downhill. Not sure if I'd put them above Activision just yet though.

Upvote 0
As greedy as EA is, this "award" is just plain silly. I hesitate to compare them to the likes of Bank of America and so many other big US companies that raped people's savings during the economic crisis.

At the end of the day, people are not bound to buying EA's games -- they have a choice. With many of these insurance companies, people got mortgages with no idea that they would go rotten in a few years, resulting in many losing EVERYTHING while the execs at the top got rich.

Hmm lets see...

Nickle and diming the consumer over video games verses causing people to lose EVERYTHING. Yeah.... I really think I'm with EA on this one haha.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sure, if you look at it like that.

But on the other hand, if a game publisher/developer can piss off enough people to "win" polls like this, then they must be doing something wrong.
I suppose but it doesn't validate this poll either. All this poll demonstrates to me is that gamers have a disproportionate impact of votes on that website, and it doesn't actually reflect the realities of today's society.

Of course EA is a dickish company, but I think that a survey like this somewhat dumbs down the opinions of gamers in a way and demonstrates a serious misallocation of priorities ...

Upvote 0
Very silly award...

But I can't disagree because I don't want to buy Back to Karkland and that other bf3 expansion pack to play with my buddies...

EA also readoing Syndicate... as a third person shooter..
I wonder how that will end up.

People cried when they herd fallout3 was going to be a shooter, but I have to say it was really well done.
I don't expect much of the same for syndicate

I thought EA had a good period from say 2007-2009 with many great & innovative titles like Mirror's Edge, Crysis, Battlefield: Bad Company, Left 4 Dead, etc.

EA has some great titles, even BF3 I think is a great game... Bad Company was alright and had great demolition.
Left 4 Dead is Valve tho, nothing to do with EA... I think...

Doesn't change the fact that they could simply be nice and give us 1 or 2 free dlc's within the 1 year the game was released... I think that would help their rep and generate more sells from the EA haters.
Those DLC's are ported maps and vehicles from a similar engine... I don't see it as something very hard to accomplish. (Edit, I take it back for porting from similar engine, BF2 is much more aged)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sick of stupid sentences like this. It is not going to happen, so please stop with those retarded paroles.

Then however while looking at their own numbers and the success of Activision they noticed that while they gained popularity, that didn't equal success. That resulted in huge investments in the DLC market, Origin and streamlining certain franchises(Dragon Age 2). So yeah over the last 2-3 years they've once again gone downhill. Not sure if I'd put them above Activision just yet though.

What? You must be new to the video game industry or something because all the games you mentionned are not even made by EA.

Despite the fact that EA doesn't really deserve the award when you compare it to the Bank of America, it is clearly showing that something is wrong with the gaming industry.

Upvote 0
:rolleyes: So what? BioWare/DICE games aren't developed by the EA Headquarters financial section either. People didn't vote against EA game studios and EA partners but against the decision-making in their business sector.

Also DICE actually IS an EA Studio so Mirror's Edge & Bad Company ARE EA games. So you're the one who should do better research. As for EA Partners titles, afterall EA is a publisher, they publish games.

@Murphy -> EA is Valve's retail publisher

Last edited:
Upvote 0
People just need something to hate on, and hating EA is in appearantly.
Yes, that's it. Out of the blue people from various parts of the world, from various cultural and financial backgrounds, suddenly started hating EA just because "they need something to hate". It's just by random chance that all these people picked EA as the target for their hatred. EA had absolutely nothing to do with it. It's an awesome company and deserves our love.

Upvote 0
:rolleyes: They invested in innovative titles in that period, something not many publishers usually do because investing in sequels is less risky. I mean seriously do I have to spell everything out to you?

Please, just stop talking. Ignorance like yours is what helps EA to keep destroying the industry.

Bank of America did deserve the spot of #1 for a large contribution to the suffering of many innocent people, but EA is still destroying the industry so either way it's good that people will know what really killed gaming.

Upvote 0
Well, disgruntled gamers are a demographic that's much more likely to mobilize internet dwellers and flood a poll. That's just about all that poll shows, when it comes to comparing EA to companies like the BoA.
Still, compared to other games publishing houses EA still has a ****ty rep. No way around it. And to a large degree they earned it with scummy business tactics.

Upvote 0