• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Welcome Screen (Message of the Day) Gone???

I've just noticed the last time I played and I swore this was fine a week or more ago and when I joined other servers the Message of the Day that is to be Displayed on the Welcome screen is now BLANK.

Also upon entering the game the initial Window that also pops up is also BLANK just looks like a piece of paper in the middle of screen with nothing on it.

I joined several servers and it appears this has affected all servers from what I can tell. Also Those who had spaces between lines in their names or titles also will receive or see this. @nl@@nl@

Any ideas as to what happened??? TIA.

Thanks for checking. I've been doing some testing and it appears it's my game out of nowhere now the only screens that show up are few in the menus. I can see my Video settings but all other settings screens are blank. When I enter a game the Welcome screens are blank and the initial start screens upon picking team is also blank.

I've verified game and nothing changed. I've deleted all Config files and tried letting it recreate and start and still no go.

I had everything fine as late as last week but now all these screens here and there are completely blank with text.

Upvote 0
I figured out what the issue is. I just got a Dual Monitor Display setup also a 24" monitor as I had originally and when I set everything to its proper resolution for the single monitor that the game plays on it then makes it so no screens can be seen.

If I lower the resolution then they appear normally. I have my 24" set to it's native resolution of 1920x1200 and 60hz and in game set to same with 16:10.

Very strange this would cause this kind of affect? Not sure how to have it working properly?

PS: I figured it out. In the Nvidia card drivers you can set to Allow Application to control 3D or you can choose two other settings. I had mine set to Quality by doing this in the driver it makes almost all menus disappear. Very strange. So be careful what you set even in the driver or have chosen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0