• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design weird lag

RoBoT

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Syria
hey guys & girls,

I have been working on map very slow and I had this weird issue with terrain's grass makes my new laptop lags alot, im not sure what cause this problem because I only added more normal lights and rebuilt them, so when I view the terrain's grass i get crazy fps goes between 30 - 160 fps

so I dont know if its my laptop's problem or the map, I need some suggestions...

NOTE:
deco layers (grass) properties
MaxPerQuad = 10 (too much?)
FadeoutRadiusMin = 1000
FadeoutRadiusMax = 1400

and i had good fps before adding more lights on my old laptop without changing grass properties.

the map is basically a building with grass around it. I have added the new lights inside the building and 3 new spotlights facing the windows which they're close to the grass... i know im talking non-sense right now so here is screenshot

pic-1.png

Radius:
blue lights outside = 30
blue spotlights on windows = 64
yellow spotlight on top of lamp = 64

I disabled the grass showing on the terrain and got fine fps even though they're not that many grass, i just made them wider to cover the ground

Upvote 0