• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weight penalty on movement speed

I don't know the exact answer, hopefully scary ghost or someone else will chime in but, I do remember him mentioning it depends on the percentage of weight and doesn't go by blocks. So a level six support carrying max weight will go the same speed as any other class with max weight. Well at least that's how I remember it.

Upvote 0
I don't know the exact answer, hopefully scary ghost or someone else will chime in but, I do remember him mentioning it depends on the percentage of weight and doesn't go by blocks. So a level six support carrying max weight will go the same speed as any other class with max weight. Well at least that's how I remember it.

Yeah, it's a ratio of your current carry weight to your max carry weight. 24/24 support moves at equal speed as a 15/15 non-support and 15/24 support moves slightly faster, excluding zerker and medic of course.

Upvote 0
Do you know the exact percentage in speed decrease for a full load?

The multiplier for weight bonuses ranges from 0.87x to 1.0x. So the increment is for each block is:

0.13/Max carry weight​

There is also a pretty hefty bonus for carrying melee weapons and the medic gets universal speed bonuse so carrying 15/24 weight as a support won't be that noticeable unless you're running a long distance.

Upvote 0