• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Weekly Stuck on "BOOM' For 3 Weeks

fwfdf1reman

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Joshua, TX.
As title says, we are perplexed to get this one figured out. We have one of our 8 KF2 servers set permanently to "Weekly" and it has been stuck on "BOOM" for 3 weeks now, and does not change to a new scenario after the week is up.

Any ideas on what the issue might be?

Last edited:
If you have no control over firewall/router/ports config, then I suggest to reach out your client support to ask them about this exact issue, tell them that your server needs this port to be available in order to have the weekly game mode working. If it suddenly stopped working without you doing anything (and I don't see what you could have done honestly), then It may be a problem on their side regarding the communication on this port not being able to work (the server needs to check the external time server to check which weekly it must run so I suppose this is most likely the problem).

edit: wait I read again, you have a dedicated server so you should have full control then. Maybe share a log to see if we can see something weird in it (remove any sensitive info of course like passwords in command line)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I started my server on Weekly game mode, here is interesting part I see:

[0012.87] Log: Initializing Game Engine...
[0012.90] Log: *** Updating timed game events
[0012.90] Log: **** Current Time: 2018 4 12 23 49 9
[0012.90] Log: **** World start in seconds: 1492466400
[0012.90] Log: **** Current time in seconds: 1523569749
[0012.90] Log: **** Intended weekly index: 51

Upvote 0
Will do some more checking Ramano. Thx for all the info. Going to wait a week or two and see if it straightens out. After setting new restart times, the server is now on "Bobblehead" for the weekly. Let me see if it changes for the next weekly. If not, then I will probably submit a ticket to discuss this issue with NFO. Again,thx for your time and expertise.

Upvote 0
Immediately seeing a problem:

[0010.14] Log: *** Updating timed game events
[0010.14] Log: **** Current Time: 1900 1 1 0 0 0
[0010.14] Log: **** World start in seconds: 1492491600
[0010.14] Log: **** Current time in seconds: -1
[0010.14] Log: **** Intended weekly index: -2467

Big problem with the remote time request apparently and so the Weekly challenge index is erroneous (-2467 here when it currently should be 51).

I still think you have a problem with the time request, the NTP service. I don't know how you could find why it breaks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After reading your post, I changed that server back to "Survival" game mode and restarted it. Once it was up and running and verified, I changed it back to Weekly. Checked the log file and still has THOSE numbers for the time stamp. I currently have a support ticket in to NFO to have them run a Repair Script on that server. Will check afterwards.

Upvote 0