• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weekly Selection & New Difficulty

There are so many weeklies right now, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to implement a weekly selection.
Agreed. I'm not going to mark on my calendar the next time my preferred weekly is likely to show up and plan around that. If game modes are not convenient I'm more likely to ignore them than care about them. The vast majority of them are modes that I've played once and decided once was enough. A part of me would like to see them removed from Endless mode, too (or making their inclusion optional).

Also, I'm sure there will be players that would like to play Abandon All Hope at will. Therefore, It would be nice to have it there.
I vaguely recall Yoshiro mentioning to the effect that AAH is being treated as an experiment to find out how many players were interested in having higher difficulty settings so that the directors have the data they need to decide if another difficulty setting was in store for their next FPS. I wouldn't expect AAH as a difficulty setting for KF2.

Upvote 0
There are so many weeklies right now, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to implement a weekly selection.
Also, I'm sure there will be players that would like to play Abandon All Hope at will. Therefore, It would be nice to have it there.

✓ It would be great implementing a weekly selection. It will revive the game undoubtedly.

I think tweaking some HOE mechanics may be better instead of giving the new difficulty because of there are few servers & online players currently on this game. It won't be good that dividing the community 5 parts instead of actual 4. Balancing the hoe modes will be better method rather than buffing. There are some closely related topics that the community mentioned before:
Lastly, balancing the;
  • OP: Thermite Bore, Healthrower and
  • Underpowered weapons: M32 Grenade Launcher etc.
can solve it.

Reactions: Otonom_Piyade
Upvote 0
I agree that changing weeklies into "mutators" would be much better. Kinda like what Valve did with L4D2 after a while. Even if they're adding new ones, it would feel much better to just choose your own game modifier as you please. It's kinda frustrating to be locked to a gamemode every week, especially when you've already completed most of them and waiting for the one or two you haven't tried.

Plus, although I must admit that I rarely go back to weeklies once I got my item... I'm sure at least a few people would gladly play some of them just for fun. Just to spice up their game.

I think tweaking some HOE mechanics may be better instead of giving the new difficulty because of there are few servers & online players currently on this game. It won't be good that dividing the community 5 parts instead of actual 4. Balancing the hoe modes will be better method rather than buffing. There are some closely related topics that the community mentioned before:
Lastly, balancing the;
  • OP: Thermite Bore, Healthrower and
  • Underpowered weapons: M32 Grenade Launcher etc.
can solve it.

Pretty much yeah. Plus there's just a point where you cannot have like ten difficulty settings in a game without feeling a tad redundant. It's great that they got rid of the "beginner" difficulty from KF1, which was just impossible to lose. It was just used to play Poundamonium if I recall it right. Then again, it's also a matter of players getting used to the game after 7+ years... And having better and better tools as time goes by. A fully-leveled perk is usually a force to be reckoned with, and is obviously much better than a low-level one, even for a greatly skilled player. Similarly, the upgrade system AND the numerous arsenal additions surely made the game easier. So cranking up the difficulty a bit for the people who really want it doesn't sound too bad.

However, I do have to wonder : how is the healthrower OP exactly? I mostly play solo so I don't know if its healing is really THAT powerful. But damage-wise, it's just fine IMO. Especially compared to the Mine Launcher or the Incisor.

Similarly, the M32 is just at the right place I think. With the right skills, you can either bombard the battlefield or snipe targets from afar and pretty much NUKE them with one or two grenades.

Reactions: MrtPsr
Upvote 0

• We should be able to play any specific weekly mode whenever we want (without outbreak completion reward & 500000 dosh vault, just only fun, there should be kept the usual rewarded weekly outbreak mode as well). There are tons of weeklies not to waste them.

• Personally, I don't want to wait for a specific weekly outbreak mode during 1-2 months. I enjoy boss rush & A.A.H. more than standard survival hell on earth mode.

• This idea can give more replayability & attraction to the game. Imagine these like this:
choosable weeklies 3.jpg

choosable weeklies 2.jpg

• If they can embed some weeklies into endless mode, it would also be wonderful;
endless weekly.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0