• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [WebAdmin] Auto-Kick players by perk level

Pedr0

Oct 28, 2009
Hi,

This is a mod for WebAdmin from dedicated server to auto-kick players based on configurable threshold.

The attached file contains an Readme.txt with install and usage instructions.

*Updated to V2.

autokick.png

Download mirror : https://www.dropbox.com/s/06h6jdukqngzd8u/WebV2.zip?dl=0

Attachments

• WebV2.zip
    50.8 KB · Views: 31
  • WebV1.zip
    50.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Tested and it works!
Set the limit to 15-25, entered the server with my FB lvl20: no problem.

Went back to the webadmin interface, set the min lvl to 24: got back to the game: kicked.

Thank you Pedr0!

Some ways which could make it even better:
- besides making the mod permanent to allow one to leave page, it'd be good to be able to save the settings
- also, it's not very clear when the changes you made are saved. It seems losing focus on the text boxes validates the choices you make
- maybe also add some kind of timer so this won't be as brutal?

Veeeeery good job nevertheless, you just made my serv working as intented, as is, being lvl15+ only

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Glad you liked it.
Updated the first post to V2.
Backup V1 before updating, V2 wasn't well tested.

- besides making the mod permanent to allow one to leave page
Unfortunately can't be done without an external tool (browser, AutoIt, PhantomJS...);

it'd be good to be able to save the settings
But unfortunately, nothing stay if you change page.
Maybe a future version where you can save changes ?

Updated to V2. Persistent configuration.;

- also, it's not very clear when the changes you made are saved. It seems losing focus on the text boxes validates the choices you make
They are updated once every 10s.

- maybe also add some kind of timer so this won't be as brutal?
Next version :)

Upvote 0
Yay thanks for v2 Pedr0.

I'll update this right now.

As for the "permanent", I think it's no really big deal, as we can still leave a webbrowser opened locally on the server.

Which makes me wonder how it handles multiple admins sessions (i.e.: Alexandra and me being connected as admins from our respective places). We'll test this this evening I think.

Also if I may add about the timer thingie: it'd be good to warn in the chat box the people about being kicked, like "playerY is about to be autokicked in x seconds due to level policies (range: 15 to 25)"

I'll keep you posted if I find some broken stuff.

Thanks a bunch for your life saver work: you brightened the day of a lazy admin, tired of alt-tabbing to kick low levels!

Upvote 0
Yay thanks for v2 Pedr0.

I'll update this right now.

As for the "permanent", I think it's no really big deal, as we can still leave a webbrowser opened locally on the server.

Which makes me wonder how it handles multiple admins sessions (i.e.: Alexandra and me being connected as admins from our respective places). We'll test this this evening I think.

Also if I may add about the timer thingie: it'd be good to warn in the chat box the people about being kicked, like "playerY is about to be autokicked in x seconds due to level policies (range: 15 to 25)"

I'll keep you posted if I find some broken stuff.

Thanks a bunch for your life saver work: you brightened the day of a lazy admin, tired of alt-tabbing to kick low levels!

to make my friends exception i have to put their name

like frien1 ; friend2 ; friend3

??
and when u leave the page min setup goes default!!

and nice!!!

i will w8 to v3 :)

Upvote 0
You have no separated with semicolons (;) and without space.

So player1;player2;player3

Also...
"and when u leave the page min setup goes default!!"

Not for v2, but as said by Perdo: "They are updated once every 10s." So you have to make the change, wait 10sec on the page, then it'll be saved.

100% accurate.
I will get some better way to save/load values in next version.
Meanwhile bug reports and feature requests are welcome.

Upvote 0
This is a nice modification to the web admin, but as seen in your screen shot the "Player" tab is missing after installing this, so when I wanted to go ban players who passed the perk lvl I had to go about doing it manually which took up too much time and was not a feature I wanted to get rid of.

Upvote 0
Does the web admin page have to open and active for this to to auto kick?

Yes

This is a nice modification to the web admin, but as seen in your screen shot the "Player" tab is missing after installing this, so when I wanted to go ban players who passed the perk lvl I had to go about doing it manually which took up too much time and was not a feature I wanted to get rid of.

You can kick players at 'Server Info' tab IIRC

Upvote 0