• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[WebAdmin] Auto-Kick players by perk level

Alex)(Andra

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 9, 2015
Thanks !

But how do you separate people in the "friend list" section ?
Something like : player, player2, player3 ?

Bebert1

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 6, 2011
Tested and it works!
Set the limit to 15-25, entered the server with my FB lvl20: no problem.

Went back to the webadmin interface, set the min lvl to 24: got back to the game: kicked.

Thank you Pedr0!

Some ways which could make it even better:
- besides making the mod permanent to allow one to leave page, it'd be good to be able to save the settings
- also, it's not very clear when the changes you made are saved. It seems losing focus on the text boxes validates the choices you make
- maybe also add some kind of timer so this won't be as brutal?

Veeeeery good job nevertheless, you just made my serv working as intented, as is, being lvl15+ only

Last edited:

Alex)(Andra

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 9, 2015
Tested it with the dimwit on top, it works fine.
It was a pleasure to see you kicked Bebert <3

But unfortunately, nothing stay if you change page.
Maybe a future version where you can save changes ?

Thanks again pedro.

Pedr0

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 28, 2009
Glad you liked it.
Updated the first post to V2.
Backup V1 before updating, V2 wasn't well tested.

- besides making the mod permanent to allow one to leave page
Unfortunately can't be done without an external tool (browser, AutoIt, PhantomJS...);

it'd be good to be able to save the settings
But unfortunately, nothing stay if you change page.
Maybe a future version where you can save changes ?
Updated to V2. Persistent configuration.;

- also, it's not very clear when the changes you made are saved. It seems losing focus on the text boxes validates the choices you make
They are updated once every 10s.

- maybe also add some kind of timer so this won't be as brutal?
Next version :)

Pedr0

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 28, 2009
Not to rain on your parade, but you guys do realize all mutators are still greylisted and de-ranks servers, right?
It isn't a mutator.
It's a direct modification into HTML pages from WebAdmin with some javascript automation, yet does not derank the server.

Last edited:

Bebert1

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 6, 2011
Yay thanks for v2 Pedr0.

I'll update this right now.

As for the "permanent", I think it's no really big deal, as we can still leave a webbrowser opened locally on the server.

Which makes me wonder how it handles multiple admins sessions (i.e.: Alexandra and me being connected as admins from our respective places). We'll test this this evening I think.

Also if I may add about the timer thingie: it'd be good to warn in the chat box the people about being kicked, like "playerY is about to be autokicked in x seconds due to level policies (range: 15 to 25)"

I'll keep you posted if I find some broken stuff.

Thanks a bunch for your life saver work: you brightened the day of a lazy admin, tired of alt-tabbing to kick low levels!

RedPk

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2012
Yay thanks for v2 Pedr0.

I'll update this right now.

As for the "permanent", I think it's no really big deal, as we can still leave a webbrowser opened locally on the server.

Which makes me wonder how it handles multiple admins sessions (i.e.: Alexandra and me being connected as admins from our respective places). We'll test this this evening I think.

Also if I may add about the timer thingie: it'd be good to warn in the chat box the people about being kicked, like "playerY is about to be autokicked in x seconds due to level policies (range: 15 to 25)"

I'll keep you posted if I find some broken stuff.

Thanks a bunch for your life saver work: you brightened the day of a lazy admin, tired of alt-tabbing to kick low levels!
to make my friends exception i have to put their name

like frien1 ; friend2 ; friend3

??
and when u leave the page min setup goes default!!

and nice!!!

i will w8 to v3 :)

Bebert1

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 6, 2011
You have no separated with semicolons (;) and without space.

So player1;player2;player3

Also...
"and when u leave the page min setup goes default!!"

Not for v2, but as said by Perdo: "They are updated once every 10s." So you have to make the change, wait 10sec on the page, then it'll be saved.

Pedr0

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 28, 2009
You have no separated with semicolons (;) and without space.

So player1;player2;player3

Also...
"and when u leave the page min setup goes default!!"

Not for v2, but as said by Perdo: "They are updated once every 10s." So you have to make the change, wait 10sec on the page, then it'll be saved.
100% accurate.
I will get some better way to save/load values in next version.
Meanwhile bug reports and feature requests are welcome.

Pwnstarr6

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 29, 2015
This is a nice modification to the web admin, but as seen in your screen shot the "Player" tab is missing after installing this, so when I wanted to go ban players who passed the perk lvl I had to go about doing it manually which took up too much time and was not a feature I wanted to get rid of.

Pedr0

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 28, 2009
Does the web admin page have to open and active for this to to auto kick?
Yes

This is a nice modification to the web admin, but as seen in your screen shot the "Player" tab is missing after installing this, so when I wanted to go ban players who passed the perk lvl I had to go about doing it manually which took up too much time and was not a feature I wanted to get rid of.
You can kick players at 'Server Info' tab IIRC